Go Back   Molten Forum Input and Assistance Guides & Tutorials Wrath of Lich King

ChoGall August 16, 2011  
ATTENTION: Only use this guide if you are in a Realm with a rate x12 or +. Do not follow it if you are in Frostwolf or Lordaeron (or trying to do all quests available).
ATTENTION2: This guide does not seem to work for everyone. The SoH faction is still a bit buggy so please keep that in mind while following this guide.

Hello Everyone from the Molten WoW forums! this is my first guide! in this guide ill be showing and telling you how to get from Hated to Exalted with the Sons of Hodir! depending on your server, this will only take 2 quests! first off, here are the requirements to get Exalted:

ability to kill at least 11 monsters, of which 1 Elite with 50.400 hp.
ability to fly in Northrend.
about 15-30 minutes time. (depending on your gs of course)

To start off go to The Storm Peaks zone in north eastern Northrend.

once there, make your way to Dun Niffelem located in the south-east:

when there, go to the ice lake located just east (colored red in picture):

there you will find a mob called Stormforged Iron Giant:

killing this mob might seem difficult at first, but is really pretty easy. they got a good chunk of health (50.4k hp) but can be easily soloed. if you really cant manage to kill one on your own, just type /who and ask some of the people around if they can help. (note that these people might have already done the quests, this is a problem since after the quests, you CAN't see the mobs anymore).

then, after a kill, pick up any junk you want from the corpse but make sure to loot the item called Slag Covered Metal. this item begins a quest and is your first step to getting exalted!

the quest this item gives is called The Refiner's Fire. the goal of this quest is killing ten Seething Revenants located in the same area as the Giant.

these mobs are way easier to kill then the Giant, have 12.6k hp and drop the item you need for the quest: Furious Spark. collect ten of these and then make your way to Fjorn's Anvil, located here:

turn in your quest, take the new one, and head over to the Temple of Storms:

Turn in your Quest at Thorim located at the top (this is the part where you need Northrend flying!), you will get about 85k rep and have Exalted reputation! now you can get inscriptions of the axe, crag , storm or whatever! also some pretty awesome Mammoth Mounts, which cost 800 gold and 8k gold. thanks for reading!

NOTE: WHEN YOU ARE STUCK AT TURNING IN THE REFINER'S FIRE, STAND ON THE SPOT IN THE IMAGE BELOW. (BIG THANKS TO DAWNF4LL

- Altarbeast

Edited: March 9, 2013
Molten Member
simpo12 August 17, 2011  
Nice Guide for all the people who want a ice mammoth or a grand ice mammoth

Molten Member
FlameDevil August 17, 2011  
Nice guide, Also nice for the people that actually try to do the whole chain and then get laughed at when they are asking when they are stuck.

Molten Member
ElephantSmall August 17, 2011  
Very useful guide could have saved me from doing the quest chain up to the dragon and getting stuck, and then realising I could have done it in 2 steps. Nice one

Molten Member
Giraffe195 August 17, 2011  
And there you had me collecting all those relics to turn them in once I found the dude :/Thanks for this.

Molten Member
Fuxion August 17, 2011  
I did the whole quest line up to the dragon part, found the glitch and wasted like 30 minutes asking people if they knew how to fix it/other ways to get rep. And then I find this guide and it takes 5 minutes to go from neutral-exalted...

Nice guide though, like the pictures and detail

Molten Member
ChoGall August 18, 2011  
Ty for all reactions, really appreciate it

Molten Member
BeanBandit August 18, 2011  
Even after being Exalted aren't some of the quests after bugged and not working.

Molten Member
ezyl August 18, 2011  
Only got 28.6k rep, still hated, what should I do?
On lordaeron btw.

Molten Member
BeanBandit August 18, 2011  
Posted by ezyl View Post
Only got 28.6k rep, still hated, what should I do?
On lordaeron btw.
It doesn't take long to do the chain and get to exalted. Just do it. Everybody starts out as hated.
---------------------------------
You can do the whole thing in about 1 hour as long as you don't get into any pvp'ing.

Molten Member
narcissistic August 18, 2011  
Posted by BeanBandit View Post
It doesn't take long to do the chain and get to exalted. Just do it. Everybody starts out as hated.
---------------------------------
You can do the whole thing in about 1 hour as long as you don't get into any pvp'ing.
And you'll get a nice amount of gold doing the whole quest chain.

Banned
teatew August 18, 2011  
quest chain is broken on lorderon - broken at cold hearted. I made a bug tracker post about it broken on lorderon x1 and it was closed with the comments its a duplicate... even though its actually fixed on all the other realms (its actually broken only on lorderon)

Molten Member
mrice August 19, 2011  
Posted by teatew View Post
quest chain is broken on lorderon - broken at cold hearted. I made a bug tracker post about it broken on lorderon x1 and it was closed with the comments its a duplicate... even though its actually fixed on all the other realms (its actually broken only on lorderon)

I was already hoping to use this guide until I read your post.
I hope they fix it soon.

Molten Member
ChoGall August 19, 2011  
Jesus christ are you all friggin ******ed or something?! I made this guide so that dont have to do the freakin quest chain! This are off quests which will still raise your rep! God! these quests are N.O.T bugged!!@!$@

Molten Member
Misaya August 19, 2011  
Nice guide. Glad I found it before I started doing the chain.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten