Go Back   Molten Forum Community Forums Class Forums Shaman

Rexarjr October 2, 2013  
Wotlk [PVE][3.3.5] Elemental Shaman Guide

Table of Contents

The purpose of this guide is to show you an optional path for elemental shaman's gameplay. This is not an universal manual about "everything": how to complete a specified quest or achieve, raid tactics e.t.c. I just will show you the best "links" for that. Most about that things you will discover alone, during gameplay. I just focused on FAQ i had seen in "global" chat, on WEB forums and on other themes, which are "bad" explained overall the Internet. In chapters 2 and 3, some themes are explained very "deep" anyway.

I noticed, that information about elemental shamans in Wotlk is so little, especially when Cata and MoP are active, due to their average DPS. The patch 3.3.5a is superb compared to Cata and classes like elemental/enhancement shamans, feral druids, disco priests are very poorly studied. People mostly are focused on top DPS classes, but in most Heroic raids the specific class abilities can turn the result of the fight. During my gameplay for elemental shaman I found a lot of unknown and unused abilities about ele shamans and I decided to group them by category and criteria into this guide paragraphs. This guide as any other guide should contain all aspects about described object.

Press Ctrl+F to open Finder then type the paragraph number, like [c] + [.]+[chapter number] + [.]+[paragraph number] for navigation to the specified paragraph.

Tip. Use browser zoom to make text more readable (+125%).

Chapter 1. Intro to Elemental Shaman (recommended for new players only)
1.1. WoW 3.3.5 Gameplay
1.2. Shaman's Available Races
1.3. Urban WoW Dictionary
1.4. Elemental Shaman Leveling
1.5. Elemental Professions Recomendation
1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs
1.7. GearScore (GS) System

Chapter 2. Dedicated Conception
2.1. Macros
2.2. GS Under 6k
2.3. GS Over 6k
2.4. Elemental Shaman BiS Set
2.5. DPS Trainer
2.6. New Ele Profession Topic
2.7. Our Friendly Addons
2.8. The Stats Priority
2.9. Gemming the BiS Gear
2.10. The Elemental Shamans Best Enchants

Chapter 3. Pro View
3.1. Totem Optimisation in Raids
3.2. The Best Casters Offensive Buffs
3.3. Elementals in Heroic Raids
3.4. DPS Optimisations
3.5. Which Spell to Cast?
3.6. Deep Analyse of Stats

About my character
To decide about usefulness of this guide I can tell about me next things – I playing both PVE and PVP area, currently got 8000 achieve points, the Kingslayer title, Bane of the Fallen King (video; 16.02.2014), The Light of Dawn (05.06.2014), over 45 exalted reputations and over 3000 quests completed, full World explorations, 28 diff titles, I'd got Warlord title at 40,000 Honorable Kills progression and High Warlord at 60,000, completely leveled on Lordaeron realm (x1, just for fun ).

My avatar:

P.S. Sorry about fluent english.

Chapter 1

1.1. WoW 3.3.5 Gameplay
c.1.1 October 2013

On Molten servers are available 2 patches of WoW: WotLK (3.3.5a) and Cataclysm (4.3.4). You can create an account per each realm, but patch 3.3.5 is more fixed , both in PVE and PVP "area". Moreover, as my opinion, WotLK world is more interesting and keeps the spirit of all previous WoW series (even arcade series). The Blizzard started to transform WoW into some neutral PVP MMORPG mostly like a gigant Counter Strike, beginning from Cata. But in MoP it's some new WoW breath, I should to admit. Molten WotLK world is quite fixed: you can complete all class quests, you are able to complete over 3000 quests per faction, for those who wanna doing something different between raiding there is available near 80% of achievement events (I should to admit, that year to year they become bugged one by one; for example, Wrecking Ball (Get 20 killing blows without dying in a single battle in any battleground.) is bugged now - look here), among private servers the ICC encounters are the best scripted also and more important Molten have very good Anti-Cheat traking. Sadly, there are only 2 raid dungeons which are bugged: Ulduar and Eye of Eternity @lvl80. In Ulduar you can complete 6 bosses progression only.

WARNING! The Anti-Cheat system is not ideal anyway. I have seen that most of them were used different “speed-cheats” (to farm), “fishing-bot” (to farm) cheats and some very annoying PVP cheats (I didn’t screened them anyway), during my gameplay. Sadly, current Molten Anti-Cheat system is vulnerably against different “speed-cheats” mostly. PVP cheaters using some kind of “damage improvements” and “resilience ignore hacks” cheats, which are very hard to detect, because they can show as a game bug. Somehow I was struck by such kind of cheaters – I lost 20,000 HP from a few debuffs and a DoT, considering my 1380 Resilience + Skeleton Key + Elemental Warding (6% dmg reduction)!!! Try to screen them and put on site forum. They should spend their “extra activity” on “bench” for 15-20 days. Another kind of cheaters are Scammers (including Ninjas). They using some trading interface bugs to cheat somebody: look here and here. Don’t trust when a character, under level 20, is trying to sell some very expensive items: Primordial Saronite, items ilvl264 e.t.c. Looks like he is a temporary ALT (under a different accounts either) for some dedicated player, for such purpose (he does not care for ban). Most of them using some Bag Addons, which can be a cause for such cheats (many addons generates some UI errors which gives to standart WoW interfaces some security bugs). I don't using Bag addons and I never was cheated in such manner anyway. Try to use C.O.D. system or AH better, because they are more protected under server database transactions. You should be careful for more leveled players also. Another kind of cheats is Exploiting and they are absolutely restricted, - raid ID, bosses and arena exploiting. You can be banned forever for such cheats. During my gameplay I was a witness when a raid firstly and an entire guild secondly was banned forever after such tricks. My verdict: DON’T USE ANY CHEATS, because they are the best “killers” for any online-game. Do you want to play WoW in a community of 4000 players or you want to cheat each others in a “gang party” of 50 players?. Swifty’s verdict: You Tube.

You can equip your character instantly throught donating system coins (read on site more detailed) or throught vote points system (is a long term path). Vote points gives you access to gear lvl under 234 and to superb mounts like Battle Bear, Zulian Tiger, Nether Drakes, Allar e.t.c. Coins gives you access to BiS (best in slot) items lvl 277-284 and to questions - what to equip?

1.2. Shaman’s Available Races
c.1.2 October 2013

For play a shaman class is necessary to choose orc, tauren, troll or draenei (alliance faction only) race. Every race have good race abilities, but for raids, draenei with +1% hit to raid aura and trolls with self buff berserker (+20% haste for 10sec) are better than other races. Usually +1% hit is not so huge advantage and high “geared” ele shamans didn’t benefit so much from 20% extra haste (I will explain it later), as for me.
  1. Draenei have improved Jewelcrafting (nice), some healing racial and resistance to Shadow damage also (it’s very good for Northrend raids).
  2. Trolls have improvement crit with bows and reduced slowing effects (probably they are the best hunters in the Horde).
    In PVP criteria orc and tauren shamans looks better anyway, because draenei's +1% hit is not crucial there.
  3. Orcs have 15% time reduced on stun effects (not fine in PVE) and good offensive abilities as Blood Fury = 163 Spell Power!!! and 322 Attack Power for 16 sec (2 min CD) @ lvl80 - it’s superb in any PVE; passive none useful for elemental spec: increased dmg with pets, increased expertise with Axes and Fist Weapons (superb for Unholy DK, enhancement shamans and hunters ).
  4. Taurens have defensive racial only: increased HP points, Nature Resistance is improved (in Northrend raids not so important; exception is the ICC Plagueworks encounter), Herbalism (hmm?) and Stomp – stuns all nearby NPC or pl characters (a timeout in PVP duels); they can be the best tanks from Horde as Warrior or DK class.

I play on orc character, as a balanced decision between PVE and PVP… but on YouTube you can find a lot of draenei who looks fine in PVP… so next labels: good, bad, only PVP or PVE, useless talent tree or race for something are primitive and pathetic in WoW, and I will show it below.

1.3. Urban WoW dictionary
c.1.3 October 2013

Chat terms:
  1. Pull – an attack strike to aggro a NPC;
  2. Lol – laugh (everyone use it at any reason);
  3. Omg – Oh my God, lol, lmfao e.t.c. You gone mad, dude...;
  4. IDK – I don’t know (very common term outside the ICC);
  5. Nab, noob – new player to wow, a player that didn’t know some PVP or PVE tactic, what? Where? When?;
  6. LF – looking for… (party, raid);
  7. WTB – want to buy...;
  8. WTS – want to sell …;
  9. Fu – #$%#@% you;
  10. DC – disconnected from server, WoW crashed;
  11. AFK – away from keyboard;
  12. Buff – player should use some useful spell and aura on all or specified characters in raid;
  13. Pug – to create a raid with random players;
  14. Imba – imbalanced character based on his talents, gear items, gems and applied enchants;

Raiding terms:
  1. LM (loot master) – a player who receive boss items and roll them between raid characters, based on roll system;
  2. RM (raid master) - a player who is a raid organizer (usually a very skilled player in PVE encounters);
  3. GM - guild master or game master (administrator);
  4. MT – main tank (mDPS with exceptional defensive skills and inceased stamina);
  5. OT (Off tank) - supporting tank for boss trashes or dangerous boss abilities;
  6. Dmg - damage (the basic raid term). It can be physical (direct and from bleed), magic (nature, fire, arcane, shadow, frost and holy), from fall, fatigue;
  7. DPS - Damage per Second, a character which doing damage in raids;
  8. rDPS - a ranged DPS character: casters(doing spell dmg), hunters (doing physical dmg + some magic and toxic dmg);
  9. mDPS - a melee DPS character: pure melee (warriors, rogues), mixed melee (enhancement shamans, paladins) - half of their DPS is magic;
  10. Healer - a character, who should only heal, cleanse or dispel raid party;
  11. MS – main character spec;
  12. OS – off character spec;
  13. Ninja – a player who is a loot master or is able to loot bosses (bug) and after this steals all gear, even if he is not eligible for that gear. Ninja’s purpose is to steal rare dropped items without roll or DKP system or to sell stolen items on AH or some… Ninja can “appear” if an item, marked as “binds on equipped”, is dropped. Mostly you can determine a ninja among raid players if some of them stay near Saurfang’s chest, if they are not loot masters or raid masters, to one purpose – to get loot before LM . VOA and ICC are instances where ninja practice is popular. Most of ninja is in none guild raids;
  14. Spec – active talent tree;
  15. Aggro – take NPC target to you;
  16. GBoK – Greater Blessing of Kings paladin buff;
  17. GBoS – Greater Blessing of Strength paladin buff;
  18. GBoW – Greater Blessing of Wisdom paladin buff;
  19. HoP – Hand of Protection paladin buff;
  20. RC - Raid Call or Ready Check;
  21. Roll – a vote system to get an eligible loot after boss drops it (practiced in none guild raids). Use raid cheat for rolling and type “/roll”. A player who have greater roll value (max is 100%) will take the item. Roll system can be “Main Spec” - high priority in voting, or “Off Spec” – a voting mode, if nobody want the item in main spec;
  22. DKP – new dedicated vote system to loot bosses, organized by RM or LM. Through raid experience you will receive dkp points. You can spend points to take the eligible loot only. Most active players have more points and greater chance to get some item(s). There are few rulers – high priority to get items have tanks and healers, at the same voted points the item get a player, who first had voted;
  23. FoS – The Forge of Souls dungeon;
  24. PoS – The Pit of Saron dungeon;
  25. HoR – The Halls of Reflection dungeon;
  26. ICC – The Icecrown Citadel instance;
  27. ToC – The Trial of the Crusader instance;
  28. RS – The Ruby Sanctum instance;
  29. OS – The Obsidian Sanctum instance;
  30. VoA – The Vault of Archavon instance;
  31. OL – The Onyxia's Lair instance;

WoW and PVP terms:
  1. NPC, trash – a mob (character) managed by game server with programmed and scripted actions over time;
  2. Tier – armor set with additional passive abilities. T10 require items level 264. T10.5 – items level 277, 284 (Heroic).
  3. Hi-end – a skilled player with well geared character T10 (Item level over 264) and additional items which not belongs to armor set;
  4. Grinding – killing low level trashes which not give any XP reputation; killing NPC to increase some skill, defense, reputation or to farm some item or recipe;
  5. Farming – gathering some herbs, or ore from veins; fishing; cooking; hunting for skinning; killing NPC for items and recipe…
  6. BiS – Best in Slot item for specified class and spec;
  7. Premade – a well geared character or BiS geared throught Vote system or Marketplace;
  8. Trolling – chat style to mock, ridicule, slander somebody or something;
  9. Overcapped – large sense term. A character with full stack of types of spells, which: healing, defense (absorb damage, immune, damage reduction), two or more types of CC, stacked DoTs , debuffs, high mana or energy regeneration, stealth or invisibility abilities e.t.c. Nice examples are Frost Mages(with some arcane talent points), Hunters, Paladins. In MoP patch every class are overcapped mostly(for example, hunters and locks have spells like ele shaman's Thunderstorm effect; shamans can drop Grounding Totem with spell reflection effect like warroris Spell Reflection Shield). It's not so cool, as for me (a hunter with knockback ability, OMG);
  10. Overpowered – a class character (+spec) with some extra “unbalanced” abilities which increasing their damage, haste, crit rating or defense. The terminology is mostly useful in PVP area. It’s very hard to defeat an overpowered nab in PVP anyway.
  11. Bug – some error, wrong logic or effect in game program;
  12. DD – Direct Damage;
  13. DoT – Damage over Time;
  14. Channeling – spell which should be channeled over time;
  15. AoE – Area of Effect spell/damage;
  16. CD – cooldown of spell/ability;
  17. GCD – Global Cooldown of user interface panel;
  18. Ganking – is a “surprise attack” from hi-end geared and skilled PVP player character (just an ambush) against nabs, low level characters e.t.c. Targets have no chance to win. In WoW this term is associated with 2vs1, 3vs1, 3vs2, 4vs2 e.t.c. in PVP fights. Most players watched Bajheera BG style on YouTube (when a plate wearer, surrounded by 1 or 2 healers retinue, conquer bases) and trying to repeat it everywhere . This company is very hard to defeat. Against skilled plate wearer and 2 healers you need about 4 or 7 DPS classes, @ same level and gear set, to overcome that healing. The best ganking places on Molten WoW are: Tarren Mill, Grom’Gol, Booty Bay, Thalanaar, Gadgetzan, Thrallmar, Honor Hold, Nesingwary Base Camp, VOA entrance and ICC entrance.
  19. GearScore(GS) – a point system, widely used on Molten realms mostly. On other WoW private servers GS didn’t work or are not applied (I just tested it on my own private server and on a few Internet private servers).

1.4. Elemental Shaman Leveling
c.1.4 November 2013

The best way to level up is to donate some money to Molten Skiddaw Ltd and get 10 coins, for instant level 80 through site interface. If you have coins to instant leveling, create a character on Lordaeron or Deathwing realms better (WotLK), because here you can find more WoW PVE “guru” @lvl80 and lower realm log queue. On Ragnaros (x20) you will find a lot of low level characters and multiboxing (one player in 5 characters, for example) party who just farm their levels. Cross realm transfers cost 10 coins or 100 Vote points (20 days of voting), so there is no sense to instant level up on Ragnaros just to transfer later. But on Ragnaros you will find a lot of skilled PVP oriented players. In any case we are talking about PVE criteria .

If you wanna level up through game play and XP points, then next advices should be useful. Because you can find a lot of players who knows a lot about ICC raids, but they have no idea where Badlands or Exodar is situated. Playing between gloomy ICC walls only, transforms WoW into something boring for you, but World Wide game play, new discovering, should add some colors to it. World Events achievements are very nice theme for it.

To level up an elemental shaman can be hard below level 60, on PVP servers especially. Ele shamans below level 60 are weak enough, without useful offensive and especially defensive abilities. I recommend you to develop enhancement spec tree to get level 60, where Thunderstorm become available. Moreover, “elementals” suffer catastrophically from mana drains through spell casting below lvl60. For example, Hex (defensive spell) is available at level 75 only; Glyph of Stonecalw Totem (puts an absorb shield on you x4 which Stoneclaw Totem puts on your totems) requires level 15 – ok, but it cost from 200 to 450 gold coins on AH mostly, and you are at level 15 lmfao (you can get this glyph through Inscription profession, but you will get level 70 faster then will discover this one); In WOWWIKI Thunderstorm (defensive spell) is marked as “Require level 10” and this is fu-king awesome (THIS IS A CASE WHY I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS GUIDE, BECAUSE INTERNET IS FULL WITH SAME ADVICES), because to use Thunderstorm you need 50 points in Elemental Talents tree, which only available on level 60.

The detailed leveling guide: [Wotlk] The Guide for Optimal Character Leveling

Realms Tip. If you have like 10 Molten coins, you play on x1 or x12 Realm and you want to make an addition character for raid ALT role, farming role then create it instantly through site interface. In 5-7 days your ALT will be well prepared. If you want to level up character with a lot of exalted reputations, full secondary profession skills then start on x20 Realms, because leveling there is more active and funny. Lol, to level up a character on x20 Realm is just awesome: in 4 days you can easily reach level 80 (if you know how to optimally level), in a week you can level up all your professions to 450 lvl and a lot of exalted Reputations. Realm type x1 is more preferred for PVE raiding, because the number of players there is lowest and after some server DC or crashes the raid members can regroup again fast enough, without long queues (if you didn’t donate); especially during weekends. Moreover, x1 realms are raid oriented mostly and leveling there is a veeeeery boring job – players hung around Dalaran and ICC mostly. If you plan to realm transfer later, then you should collect 100 Vote Points or 10 Molten Coins. In this case use vote system and create few characters more, even multiboxing (3-5 shamans (resto, ele and enh purpose PVE/PVP) or different characters even) under different accounts. Level and Vote them in parallel mode on x20 Realm. In 20 days you will have few lvl80 characters ready to transfer everywhere

Now is the time to start next step of leveling, more harder, – “Gear Leveling”. About it is explained below…

Elemental shaman's concept below lvl 60:
  Spoiler:  

Vanilla WoW was only PVE and designed under old WoW arcade style: Reign of Haos and Frozen Throne. There basic DPS classes were warriors, paladins, hunters, partially mages. Shamans, druids was supporting units to buff, heal and dispel hostile debuffs. For any PVP game type ele shamans have no any effective spells below lvl60. Just in patch 1.2.1 Blizzard introduced BG and PVP system into WoW MMORPG, and made some fixes into classes spell books. In patch 2.1 TBC was introduced arena system and new abilities e.t.c. Because elemental shamans have not good defensive spells and abilities it is still hard to level up in PVE area also, below level 60.

1.5. Elemental Shaman Profession Recommendation
c.1.5 November 2013

In this paragraph I will focus all attention on the most profitable professions and on usefulness professions for elemental shaman during leveling. First of all you should collect money as much as possible for training, mounts, to buy items from Auction House e.t.c. In paragraph 2.6 New Ele Profession Topic, will be explained which professions are the best to increase DPS (less profitable variant) and their comparison. But first of all I should make an introduction into enough complex WoW profession hierarchy (professions are one of the best “idea” in the WoW gameplay, which makes superb conditions for trading in game) in "spoiler section". Moreover, you can make a decision which profession is better for you ).

WoW Profession Idea:
[Wotlk] Profession Types and Leveling

The most profitable professions

1. Jewelcrafting. This profession is the most profitable and the most useful for any stat buffs. Nothing different to get skill level of 450 comparing to the other professions, but epic gem recipes (in Northrend) discovering (@skill lvl450) are the hardest among all professions them. You should to focus on next recipes first: Runed Cardinal Ruby, Reckless Ametrine, Vivid Eye of Zul or Glowing Dreadstone, Runed Dragon’s Eye, Rigid Dragon's Eye, Stormy Majestic Zircon, Bright Cardinal Ruby, Fractured Cardinal Ruby. To socket your gear and to sell them on AH or through C.O.D. system. You can sell epic gems for 900-999 gold per item on AH mostly.
Basics of jewelcrafting profiteering:
  • Crafting to disenchant. This is useful if your second Primary profession is Enchanting or you have an ALT with Enchanting profession. For example, the Stone guard band and the Shadow might ring have great disenchanting levels for the price it costs to craft them, especially if the market for buying Eternal Earth and Eternal Shadow in bulk is low on your server. Other lower level items such as the Sun rock ring, Crystal citrine neck and Crystal chalcedony amulet are very inexpensive especially if you are also prospecting because you will have heaps of uncommon gems to use. Determing which of these items to craft will obviously be based on the material costs on your server.
  • Prospecting. Prospecting is an awesome way to make gold. You buy saronite and cobalt ore and break it up into gems using prospecting (uses 5 ore per operation). You then scan the auction house (AH) and look for the best items to cut. The profit margins are usually between 150%-300%. One thing to note and watch out for is to make sure your server can support the constant influx of gems you provide. If it can, just keep buying ore and breaking it up. On Molten AH ore can be very expensive, so use your mining skills and farm ‘em.
  • Buy uncut gems to cut. Look on the AH for cheap uncut gems. For example, I normally check out Cardinal Rubies and if the price is right compared to cuts such as Bright, Delicate, Fractured or Runed cardinal rubies, I’ll purchase a few and normally make between 120-140 gold per cut once sold on the auction house.
  • Jewelcrafting as a service. Similarly to enchanting, if you have a large number of jewelcrafting recipes than you can offer your services in a capital city to generate easy revenue. Just use your Trade interface.

2. Alchemy. This profession can help a lot through leveling with cheap potion and elixir buffs, but have no any exceptional buffs @lvl80(sadly) being an Alchemist. You can be surprised how profitable this profession can be @lvl80, making Northrend potions. The Northrend recipes discovering are fast enough. I should to admit – there are impossible to make money with Alchemy without Herbalism, on Molten WoW. I started my gameplay with this profession and I was surprised when I began to earn 20,000 – 30,000 gold per week, with only less than 35 minutes of farming per day.
Basics of alchemy profiteering:
  • Brew “Flask” potions. These provide relatively basic, but vital buffs over a very long period of time. Flasks' effects also persist through death (this is why most players like them), but only one can be active at any given time. Flasks increase primary stats - strength, agility, intellect, spirit, or stamina. The best flasks are: Flask of Endless Rage and Flask of the Frost Wyrm. They cost 320-329 gold per item (6500 gold per stack), because requires an ingredient, which is hard enough to find (only in Storm Peaks and Icecrown) – Lichbloom. These flasks have very high demand! On Lesser Flask of Toughness you can make good money also (50-70 gold per item on AH), which is easier to produce.
  • Brew “Elixirs” and “Potions”. Try Elixir of Lightning Speed, Elixir of Deadly Strikes, Spellpower Elixir(!), Potion of Wild Magic and Potion of Speed.
  • Use Pigmy Oil Spell. The ingredient for this oil is Pygmy Suckerfish, obtained from Northrend fishing holes. Each second catch will give you a Pygmy Suckerfish, so on AH you can find a lot of these fishes cheap enough. Alchemy is the only one method to transform it in something useful. After that, use another alchemy spell – Guru’s Elixir (1xImbued Vial and 3xPygmy Oil). In such manner you can brew dozens of stacks of Guru’s Elixir per hour (Somehow I made 75 stacks :0). The price of this elixir is 30-40 gold on AH (600-800 gold per stack), as the most attractive price. This elixir’s buff (+20 to all base stats) with “Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats” (+10) will give the effect as an additional item equipped, below ilevel 245 (just superb for druids, DK, paladins and rogues for Worldwide events).
  • Alchemy as a service. This is Transmute:Titanium of course. You can offer this service through “global” or “trade” chat (don’t be a scammer). Get 20-30 gold per transmutation. You can buy a lot of Saronit Bars and transmute them into titanium for sale, if Saronite price is convenient

3. Enchanting. Enchanting is, perhaps, the only profession in WoW that cannot be categorized, as it is neither crafting, nor gathering. Enchanters take enchanting materials obtained through disenchanting gear of uncommon or better quality - and turn them into permanent enchants for their own or their allies' gear. This is the reason to use with enchanting another none Gathering profession like Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking or Tailoring.
Basics of enchanting profiteering:
  • Disenchanting. Disenchanting is an awesome way to make alot of gold and falls under 3 catgories: Disenchanting own gear (This includes all unused gear that you pick up from quests, farming, running dungeons and raids), Purchasing items to disenchant (Items that I normally look for include armor and weapons from level 73 for the highest profit margins), Crafting items to disenchant (This is where enchanting works great with jewelcrafting. For example a jewelcrafter can make inexpensive stone guard bands, disenchant them and make anywhere between 55-75 gold depending on the server economy. Jewelcrafters have a lot of items that can be crafted very cheaply in order to make a proft from disenchanting).
  • Enchanting as a service. To take full advantage of this profession as a service you will want to have as many of the enchanting formulas as possible. This will keep players coming back to you to get their gear enchants and more importantly keep you making gold. The best part is most of the rare enchants can now be purchased for dream shards in Dalaran or acquired via reputations. Every time you are in a major city, link your enchanting service on the trade channel while you go about doing your daily routine. You will usually be able to pick up some extra gold by pretty much doing nothing.
  • Selling enchants. Discover different formulas and put “consumable scrolls” on AH. For common enchanting versus you will make about 400-700 gold, for uncommon – 1000 – 2500 gold per item.

4. Others.They are not so profitable, but can help your character, as an elemental shaman, through leveling or will give you some very good epics @lvl80, without much money costs.
  • The Inscription maybe is the best one profession among them (especially if you decided to get “the Insane” title). With Inscription you can level up your Herbalism skill and after that (@lvl80) you can switch fast enough to Alchemy. Moreover you will have access to a lot of cheapest glyphs for personal use or trading. But more interesting things for elemental shamans, are next: Master’s Inscription of the Storm (+70 Spell Power and +15 Crit to the shoulder slot), Darkmoon card of the North. Darkmoon Cards give you access to your spec trinkets: Darkmoon Card: Illusion and Darkmoon Card: Death. To purchase them from AH you should spend about 20,000 gold per trinket (40k in summ). These trinkets should be nice decision, before you will be able to do some TOC or ICC raids (require over 5.3kGS), being at your “start” Northrend GearSet of 2kGS mostly.
  • The Leatherworking is another useful profession to level up an elemental shaman. You can find a lot of patterns here. Most of them are valuable for druids, hunters, and enhancement shamans anyway. Ele shamans should use Dragonscale Breastplate, Green Dragonscale set, Blue Dragonscale set, Netherstrike set and other green items during leveling. In Northrend leatherworkers should to teach patterns for: different Kit, Enchants and Bags (bags AH’s prices are 2000-2500 gold). They can give you some start capital. In Dalaran get all Braeg Stoutbeard’s patterns (rare ilvl187-200 and epic ilvl200-213), because they are easy enough to craft. During your ICC adventures buy all Alchemist Finklestein’s patterns – they can give you a lot of money. For elemental shamans the best gear below 6kGS, which is crafted by leatherworkers, are: Earthsoul Boots (Feet slot ilvl264) and Lightning-Infused Leggings (Legs slot ilvl264)… Get them as fast as possible. Without this profession you should buy them for summary price of 40,000-45,000 gold on Molten WoW anyway.
  • The Blacksmithing and Tailoring are the same as the Leatherworking profession, but without useful crafted items for ele shamans. The blacksmith’s mail have no any Intellect or Spell Power to their attributes. The tailor’s Cloth have very low armor and are enchanted with Spirit and Critical Rating mostly (this is not good for ele shamans also).
  • The Engineering profession is the most non-profitable, but is the most useful for any casters (especially for ele shamans) and hunters to increase their DPS. About engineering is described in paragraph 2.6. New Ele Profession Topic more detailed.

Conclusion. In this paragraph I focused description not only on "profitable topic", but on usefulness for ele shamans also. The most profitable “profession company” are: Jewelcrafting + Enchanting, Alchemy + Herbalism + Fishing, Jewelcrafting + Mining, Enchanting + Blacksmithing (@lvl80 mostly). They will help you to collect the max possible amount of money, on Molten 214k gold per character sheet, fast enough. My Verdict: Don't learn Blacksmithing, Tailoring or Engineering(during leveling), because they are hard to level up (with a lot of patterns/schematics), they didn't give any benefits to ele shaman (exception is engineering), all money accumulated on them you will spend on rings, trinkets, mail gear and sooner or later you should switch to Jewelcrafting/Enchanting and Engineering anyway. At specified moment the money are not so important. You will be interested into things how to improve your DPS and gear after that, by spending a part of money on the other profession skill’s leveling, after unlearn one of Gathering one.

1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs
c.1.6 November 2013

I am going to explain not only pure PVE Talent Tree, but Mixed and Restoration talents also. Mixed Talent tree can be useful if your character GS is under 6k (under 3100 Spell Power mostly) and you want to do some PVE raids, in normal mode, and Battlegrounds just for fun or to collect some points for more epic mounts and epic gear (rings, trinkets, necks, belt, cloak). Having Mixed Tree in Main Spec you can use Resto Tree in your Off Spec sheet. This mode is useful below 6kGS, because elemental shamans are not so good DPS spec at that point, and RM will ask you to switch to your character Resto Tree during BQL and The Frostwing Halls encounters mostly. Mixed tree mode can be effective enough vs. most casters of your GS level (with average PVP skills ), but vs. any kind of melee is weak enough in PVP area. If your GS is over 6k (over 3900 Spell Power) then your character will give more benefits from any PVE talent points, so this is the point where pure “specialization” is required. This specialization case is required in any Heroic raid, being a PVE caster, or in arenas and duels, being a PVP caster. Any Talent Tree should be supported by specified Glyphs, as the supplementing part. To built and study talent tree exists a very useful online resource.

They are:

1. PVE Elemental Shaman Spec Tree 3.3.5. Mode 55/16/0. I have found a very interesting guide in Web about Elemental DPS Talent Build, posted by TheWoWcrafters. I am absolutely agreed about Major Glyphs he used there, but some talent points are not so superb, as for me. There is one talent point in Shamanistic Focus and 2 points in Booming Echoes. Described talents are pure PVP kind and any PVE shaman has no benefits from them. If you going to put Shock Spells in your DPS rotation (and even frequent Chain Lightning), then your character will be the worst DPS spec in WoW. Shock spells are instant, but they are very low improved by Spell Power and other talents (designed for PVP only). Moreover, they will lock Global Cooldown (GCD) for 1 sec (min). Opposite, the Lightning Bolt is more effective, because gets more benefits from Spell Power and during GCD you have a chance to cast additional bolt (with 12k dmg crit @6kGS, compared to 5k dmg crit of most shocks), based on talent Lightning Overload. That guide is fine, but last 3 talent points are not spent in right mode anyway. In the end we can put them in Elemental Warding, Improved Fire Nova, Improved Ghost Wolf and Improved Shields. The Elemental Warding and Improved Ghost Wolf talents belongs to defensive ones (improved wolf is useful at Sindragosa encounter only). The Improved Fire Nova is fine against trashes, during clearing, but against a boss is not so cool – Elemental should keep Totem of Wrath up all time! Moreover, Elementals are not so good AoE DPSers as Mages, Retribution Paladins, Moonkins, Rogues. So, I recommend putting last 3 talent points into Improved Shields talent. With this talent active and 3800 Spell Power available the Lightning Shield self buff damage is near 2000, but with raid buffs – 3000-3500 dmg. This is average shock spell damage without any GCD, - just amazing. It doing the effect of an additional DoT on Boss after Flame Shock DoT, and during 10min boss encounter shield damage is huge enough. Just try to find out how and where to refresh it without spell rotation interrupting. Don’t care about mana regeneration anyway from Water Shield, because your buffed character should have between 30k – 33k mana and improved water shield will give an additional 100 mana per 5 sec with 400 +15% mana when orb is consumed (460) , if mana gone low by activating them, + 10% from "ALL mana" regeneration after Thunderstorm (avg = 3100 mana). It is now clear that next Minor Glyphs should be applied: Glyph of Water Shield, Glyph of Thunderstorm (because nobody wanna see a flying Shambling Horror in your raid; +2% mana regeneration is good of course). This is much better then Shamanistic Focus and Booming Echoes anyway.

PVE Elemental Shaman Spec Tree 3.3.5

Major Glyphs:
Minor Glyphs:
2. PVP&PVE (mixed) Elemental Shaman Spec Tree 3.3.5. Mode 57/14/0.. This tree is similar to previous, but some points in Elemental section are transferred to Booming Echoes and Astral Shift. In the Enhancement section points from Improved Shields, 2 points from Ancestral Knowledge and 2 points from Thundering Strikes should be applied to Earth’s Grasp, Improved Ghost Wolf and Shamanistic Focus now. In this mode ele shaman’s DPS will not suffer so huge, but will give enough survivable abilities in PVP sphere. Doing raids with mixed talents it’s important to over cap Hit points to 385-399, after disabling Elemental Precision. I recommend removing any Chain Lightning spell from your rotation now; otherwise your character will be the basic Threat generator in raids. For example, I am playing with this talent active (+3% Hit) and with 399 Hit points, just to test this ability, and on Heroic Training Dummy my character have no miss. Over capping Hit is not so critical waste anyway. I have seen an Elemental shaman with mixed Talent Tree, which placed only one point to Astral Shift, and it’s ugly as for me.

PVE/PVP (mixed) Elemental Shaman Talent Tree 3.3.5

Spoiler:  

Major Glyphs:
Minor Glyphs:
3. Restoration Shaman Spec Tree [PVE] 3.3.5. Mode 0/15/56. Playing as restoration shaman needs another PVE criteria, which requires deep explanation. I have enough healing experience, playing on resto shaman. Shamans are not good tank or raid healers (average HPS), but they are the best supporting healers in raids anyway. They are situated between tank healers (paladins, priests) and raid healers (druids). Resto shamans have very powerful instant healing spells, which will bring everyone, which is near death (after deadly boss ability), to life, after a few instant 35,000 healing points. They can heal for 80k-90k Heal Points during 3-4 sec, using Nature’s Swiftness, Tidal Waves and Riptide. So these talents and similar to them should be improved as well as possible by other talent points, Glyphs, enchants and gems.

PVE Resto Shaman Talent Tree 3.3.5

Spoiler:  

Major Glyphs:
Tip: Earth shield is by far the most important and best in return of HPS.

You then have three other major glyphs to choose two from.
Lesser healing Wave: If you are ever on tank healing then you should have this glyph.
Chain heal: you want this glyph if you are using chain heal alot.
Riptide: If you are never tank healing and therefore do not need the lesser healing wave glyph then you can use this.

Minor Glyphs:
4. PVP Elemental Shaman Spec Tree 3.3.5. Mode 60/11/0. This tip is not the topic of this thread . But it will show the flexibility of Elemental Shaman’s Talent Tree and gives to you the opportunity to compare them and to understand talents idea better. This PVP Tree is similar to Mixed Talent Tree, but points from Convection and Elemental Weapons should be spent to Reverberation (now have 5 points) and Elemental Warding, as for me. Truly, Elemental Warding gives additional 6% damage reduction from all kind of damage, which is equal to 283 Resilience effect, and more effective then addition 63 Spell Power from Elemental Weapons talent!!! Yes, Reverberation – the long-forgotten talent. This talent at 5 points reduces your character Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells cooldown to 3 sec, with Booming Echoes active, and Windshear to 5 sec! It’s possible to put 2 points from Reverberation to Guardian Totems, but fully staked Reverberation is more effective against PVP skilled players – by locking one of their school of magic for 2 sec every 5 sec (will produce a little chaos in their clever macros) and spamming Frost Shock on melees (because they will destroy your Earthbind Totem at any cost). A PVP skilled player will never let you to burst hard, with full benefits from Elemental Weapons and/or Glyph of Totem of Wrath, using some spell rotation macros. Your character will be affected a lot from: Silence, Stuns, Charms, Sleep, Disorient, Fear, Slow, Rooted effects, Knockbacks. Moreover, your character weapon with over 700 Spell Power, enchanted with Mighty Spellpower and Flametongue plus supported by talent Elemental Weapons can be Disarmed . The idea to enchant elemental shaman's weapon with Titanium Weapon Chain is not good anyway. They will not let to heal enough even, so the fight is going adherently.

Tip. I recommend to stack Reverberation, because Frost Shock binary effect is a bit bugged - frequently it keeps the slow debuff for only 5 sec, which is on 3 sec less than supposed to be. So you can reapply it periodically in time.

PVP Elemental Shaman Talent Tree 3.3.5

Spoiler:  

Major Glyphs:
Minor Glyphs:

1.7. GearScore (GS) System
c.1.7 November 2013

Gear score is a numerical value based on the statistics of a player's gear. It is (supposedly) the maximum potential of a player's performance. However, it is up to the player to perform that well. In addition to item level (ilvl), the item's actual statistics or abilities may or may not be included for calculation, as determined by specific formulas or addons.

The purpose of GS is to show other party or raid members your equipped gear items in a tooltip, without “Inspect” operation. Server periodically scans character’s gear and put their score in the data base. The GS system is not exactly anyway – it will show you the same gear level for items even if the items are or not gemmed and are or not enchanted. This system points will not change if a Glyph is applied or not. This system will not change depending by character DPS level, player skills and player’s raid encounter tactic knowledge. The GS will not analysis the item if it is useful for specified class. For example, when ele shaman equips some enhancement shaman’s gear or hunter gear ilevel264, with agility and attack power attributes, this will have the same GS points as any eligible “elemental” gear ilvl264, with Intellect and Spell Power attributes, in the same slot. In general case GS is still very useful and you will not be invited in mostly Northrend raids if your GS is below 5,000GS(5kGS).

Most commonly, gear scores are a metric used to evaluate the relative strength of a player's equipment as a way of determining if that player meets a given threshold to join in certain raids or groups going through an instance. It should be noted that a given gear score, no matter which formula is used, does not necessarily mean that other players can not demand higher scores from others before joining a raid or group.

Controversy

The usage of gear scores has caused a large amount of controversy due to a proportion of players who view it as unnecessary and distracting in the face of others options like DPS or Achievements.
Players often feel they are skilled enough to overcome their lack of gear. They feel upset that they are not given the chance to prove themselves because they fail whatever gear score requirement was imposed by the raid leader. A veteran player with a low gear score can outperform a newer player with a high gear score. Similarly a high gear score tank can be the counterweight for a low gear score healer or vice versa.

GS levels in Wotlk instances:

1. 2000 – 2500 GS. This is the average gear level for most players, which arrives to Northrend after Outland zones. This gear will help to complete mostly quests during leveling and to run only Nexus, Utgarde Keep, Azjol-Nerub normal mode dungeons.

2. 2500 – 3000 GS. This gear rating is possible to have only from Northrend quests rewards and most normal mode dungeons.

3. 3000 – 3900 GS. This GS is available after farming most Northrend dungeons in Heroic mode and by buying rare and epic items from different faction quartermasters (they offer some gear ilvl 185-200 mostly), after increasing the reputation to Revered or Exalted to them.

4. 3900 – 4900 GS. The barrier of 4kGS is hard enough to overcome. This is the point where some epic items from AH, by crafting them or buying through early farmed Frost and Triumph Emblems will help a lot. At 4100 GS (all items should be over level 200 to be allowed there) is possible to start The Frozen Halls dungeons farming in Normal mode, by starting the quest chains - Inside the Frozen Citadel. If your character is in a guild, then this process will be much easier. The Frozen Halls farming in Normal and Heroic modes will help to upgrade your character gear to 5000 GS. If you have some online friends or your guild is patient enough, then at 4500 GS is possible to do some raids in VoA, OS and OL 10 mode only! In this case some well geared tanks and healers are required and, moreover, personal tactic mistakes are not allowed.

5. 4900 – 5300 GS. At this point your character can be invited in VoA25, OS25, OL25, Naxxramas10/25, ToC10 Normal only.

6. 5300 – 5600 GS. Probably at this GS interval the real Wotlk PVE raiding begins. This interval opens the access to ICC10 Normal, Ulduar25, RS10 Normal, ToC25 Normal and ToC10 Heroic and all early described of course. These raids bosses drops epic items lvl 245-251, which can help to tune your character spec in the most flexible and full mode (all slots), and overall gearing going very fast, especially by raiding with guild.

7. 5600 – 6050 GS. This score is required to complete ICC25 Normal, RS25 N, ICC10 Heroic and ToC25 Heroic and to get the Kingslayer title in the most common mode. I should to admit that ToC25 HC is harder than ICC25 N or RS25 N. These raids take about 60% of raid events which happens on Wotlk realms, and gear score near 6k is a ticket to do most of them in guilds or with “pugs”.

8. 6050 – 6600 GS. The gear is referred to ICC25 HC and RS25 HC only. This GS is the “Final Goal” of any PVE raider, which helps to make a BiS characters through raiding. Usually it can take 5 – 6 months to make a BiS geared character by raiding every week, even with a very skilled and organized guild. The marketplace will help here a lot anyway.

9. 6600 – 7000 GS. This is the Legendary Gear Score! Such rating can have only DK, Paladins and Warriors only, by wearing Shadowmourne axe and a lot of ilvl284. The paladins and DK can stack their GS to 6800-6900 GS through useful BiS gear. Only Warriors can have 7kGS, because they can stack more useful gear lvl284 (I once seen such warrior).

Tip. The GS is not the absolute condition to participate in raid events. You should to prove you character eligibility by demonstrating some completed raid achievements and DPS score. To get some achievements and raiding skills the guilds, with normal raid mode progression, are the only one way. With pugs is near impossible to complete more than 50% raid progression to get some valuable achievements (none Heroic even), because players will leave permanently, another don’t know tactics well, third - just farming some boss item and after specified boss will DC or gone AFK. If you will find some very skilled and prepared players, then put them in your friends list. With them is possible to complete most 10 mode raids easily and fast. To count GS score is required to install the addon GearScore 3.3.5 (watch paragraph 2.7. Our Friendly Addons).

Chapter 2

Guys, I am trying to make a guide with responses mostly, supported by real game facts. I will redo this thread, based on your exceptional posts, if you will link some real beneficial information referred to elemental shaman. It should not been a Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah… thread about trivial things. I hope you will help me in this project also…

This chapter is dedicated to “deepest view” of elemental shaman spec. I must show you, before starting next paragraphs discussion, how the elemental shaman should be in action… [HD VIDEO].

2.1. Macros
c.2.1 November 2013

The elemental shaman’s spell rotation is quite simple and many DPS macros are hard to write for them. In spite of this their DPS efficiency mostly depends by player skills, proficiency, dexterity, reflexes. It means, that players should switch from one spell rotation to another fast enough and it’s clear now that FPS, latency and lags plays a great role here. For example, in previous HD Video (@LM 10 N) during encounter I used single target spell rotation and only on “spiked characters” started to spam multiple targets spell rotation (including Chain Lightning (CL) for more damage per GCD. That CL always hits 2 targets in 10 raid mode and 3 targets in 25 raid mode. Another example is referred for PVP area, when is required to interrupt some character spell casting, using Wind Shear, or to “ground” some spell. For this we have near 1-1.5 sec time interval to succeed. A skilled player should decide which spell to interrupt and which to “ground” and such actions should been applied a lot during combat. It makes elemental shaman spec very hard to play well and is the main cause why this spec is so abandoned and broken now (as I found him when started to play on Molten). It’s clear that is impossible to write a macro which will decide what target to hit with Chain Lightning only and which target to hit with Flame Shock followed by Lava Burst e.t.c. It’s not possible to be a good ele shaman by spamming a single macro button and drinking coffee or tea at the same time . Anyway, next macro examples are good and tested enough, especially DPS ones for new players. For greater skills start to key binds all your valuable spells and simple macros only…

Abbreviations:
  1. FSFlame Shock;
  2. ESEarth Shock;
  3. FrSFrost Shock;
  4. LvBLava Burst;
  5. LBLightning Bolt;
  6. CLChain Lightning;
  7. FNFire Nova;
  8. ThSThunderstorm;
  9. EMElemental Mastery.

Note. These macros are developed for Frost Witch’s Regalia (4) and 1000 min haste rating level. In another cases the rotations should be redo a bit in right order. A very annoying thing on Molten Wotlk realms is – any macro has 255 characters limit, so complex macros are not possible!

DPS Spell Rotations

1. Single Target Spell Rotation. The ele shamans should keep FS DoT on their main target all the time, because it provides LvB with 100% crit chance and a lot of damage during combat. I had selected macro reset interval to 5 sec, because this is the max delay interval, which keeps previous described algorithm working. Moreover, Frost Witch’s Regalia with (4) set bonus should help a lot in this.

Algorithm: FS + LvB + 6xLB + LvB + 6xLB.
The idea of FS + LvB + 6xLB only is not good, because (4) set bonus procs well and next LvB will keep FS DoT active addition 11-14 sec. The only one LvB per FS is very irrational.

Code:
/castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, 
Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, 
Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
Demo1: [HD Video: Elemental Shaman 3.3.5 Rotation Macro by Rexarjr]

Demo2: [HD Vidoe: Elemental Shaman 3.3.5 Keybind Rotation by Rexarjr]

2. Multiple Targets Spell Rotation. All spells sequence are the same as in previous example, but CL is used after LvB, because LvB will give guaranteed Clearcasting stance and less mana drain from CL of course.

Algorithm: FS + LvB + CL + 5xLB + LvB + CL + 5xLB.
The idea of FS + LvB + CL + 5xLB only is not good as explained in previous example.

Code:
/castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, 
Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, 
Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
Demo: [HD Video: Elemental Shaman 3.3.5 AoE Spell Rotations by Rexarjr ]

3. One Shot Macro. If your character has some trinkets, with “Use” ability, then modify this macro respectively.

Macro Code 1 (Simple version). Useful in most PVP cases, especially against warriors, feral druids, DK, rogues below 20% HP where their surveillance is incredible HIGH .

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Elemental Mastery
/castsequence Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning
Macro Code 2 (Complex version). This burst macro is useful in PVE mostly if is required to free “Spiked” character, to nuke hard a mage during Gunship, to destroy a Frost Tomb at Sindragosa, against other trashes and e.t.c. In PVP can be valuable to nuke some casters and, I think, to fight warriors when they stay far away. After FS and Mastery a skilled enough warriors will pop up his Spell Reflection shield, feeling that next will be the Lava. Usually your LB or better your second LB proc will eat his shield by giving to you only LB damage. Next spells should hit hard. If LB will not eat his “shield” at once (glyphs, talents, bug), then you have time to Wind Shear it. Anyway, in arenas and duels this is not so effective macro.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast Elemental Mastery
/castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt
4. Open Attack. Nothing unusual, but is much better than simple FS. Key bind it to your FS button by default!

Code:
#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Flame Shock

PVP Macros

These macros have PVP purpose, but can be very useful in most dungeons and few raid zones. They can be modified in many different modes by pressing SHIFT, ALT, CTRL buttons (to cast them on your character, your target, specified character only, your focus or your target’s target).

1. Fast Water Walking (WW). When you had targeted a friendly unit it can be very annoying to run across the water in any Battleground, without this macro.

Code:
#showtooltip
/tar <your character name>
/cast Water Walking
2. Improved Wind Shear (WS). No comments.

Code:
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Wind Shear
3. Improved Grounding Totem (GT). No comments.

Code:
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Gounding Totem
4. Fast Cure. This spell is forgotten now, but can be very effective against rogues, feral druids, hunters and some dungeon bosses. This spell has the same effect as Cleansing Totem, but can be applied 3 times per one totem tick (3 sec).

Code:
#showtooltip
/tar <your character name>
/cast Cure Toxins

Useful Macros

1. Autoassist.

Macro Code 1:

Code:
/tar [target=focustarget, harm, nodead]
Macro Code 2 (Target your target’s target 0.0 ):

Code:
/assist
2. Go Home Macro.

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [nocombat] reset=900 Astral Recall, Hearthstone
/cast [combat] Hearthstone
3. Switch the Gear. This macro can be improved in many ways by changing only trinkets or full gear, from PVE to PVP and back.

Code:
/equipslot <item slot> <bag num> <bag slot>
/equipslot …………………………………………………….
……………………………………………………………………..
Tip. Inventory slot ID.

4. Fix UI. This helps great to fix your Recount panel or other UI bugs.

Code:
/run local f=CreateFrame(“frame”, nil, UIParent); f:SetScript(“OnUpdate”, CombatLogClearEntries);
5. Camera Distance to MAX. Very useful in any raid, especially at LM, Sindragosa and LK.

Code:
/console set cameradistancemaxfactor 3.5
6. Buy&Convert Emblems Faster. The value of this macro knows only players, who decided to buy some Northrend Badges or gems by selling Emblem of Heroism to vendor Aspirant Naradiel (in patch 3.3.5 he has another "clone" in Dalaran). The macro can be tuned for any other trading operation, to buy hundreds of items at once.

Note. Use only 1 whitespace and don’t move into new row in this macro! It’s a single string macro!

Macro Code (This macro buys 65 Emblems of Conquest by selling 65 Emblems of Triumph. Watch this order):
Code:
/script local function buy(n,q) for i=1,100 do if n==GetMerchantItemInfo(i) then BuyMerchantItem(i,q) 
end end end buy(“Emblem of Conquest”, 65)
7. Deadly Debuff Alerter. I designed and wrote this macro because doesn’t have found a more useful macro or add-on to announce dangerous debuffs on your character. The Deadly Boss Mods and PowerAuras are great, but they display messages for your interface and time to time didn’t work correctly. My macro shows a “say tooltip” over your character head one or more times, so you or your allies know about your character debuff and location. For example, when the character Fightingbull is affected by Defile, as Deadly Boss Mode announced, you looking around – Where is that Fightingbull? This macro is guaranteed to work for 100% when key binded, but can’t be used in other spell rotations.

Note. Use only 1 whitespace and don’t move into new row in this macro! It’s a single string macro!

Macro Code1 (For the Crimson Halls and the Frostwing Halls zones):

Code:
/cast Lightning Bolt
/run for i=1,32 do local name==UnitDebuff(“<your character name>”, i)
 if name==”Frost Beacon” then SendChatMessage(name..” on Me!”, “SAY”) end
 if name==”Swarming Shadows” then SendChatMessage(name..” on Me!“, “SAY”) end end
Macro Code2 (For Lich King encounter):

Code:
/cast Lightning Bolt
/run for i=1,32 do local name==UnitDebuff(“<your character name>”, i)
 if name==”Necrotic Plague” then SendChatMessage(name..” on Me!”, “SAY”) end
 if name==”Defile” then SendChatMessage(name..” on Me!“, “SAY”) end end
My Verdict. These macros are sufficient for most elemental shamans. There is a site with more examples here anyway. To do more complex functions I recommend installing some Addons from CurseClient site or using this Molten Thread. The Addon have very complex logic algorithm with thousands of characters, which can be configured in any way to obtain any needed effects. User macros currently have a limit of 255 characters only!

2.2. GS Under 6k
c.2.2 December 2013

The solution of this paragraph is to show the basic and most important steps to get the best possible gear under 6kGS beginning from all green items from quest rewards and Outland areas (< 3kGS). I recommend you to read the paragraph 1.7 GearScore(GS) System before. If you are familiar with all paragraphs of Chapter1 – there I recommend you to vote on site during leveling and level up the most useful professions for elemental shaman. Through vote points and professions you will be able to get very good items which didn’t drop anymore, from bugged dungeons and raid bosses. This paragraph and all previous will help you to save a lot of Emblems, money and play time.

Intro

The process of gear leveling can be simplified a lot if you will craft or buy Legs and Feet items. First of all obtain Leggings of Dubious Charm for 300-600 gold coins from AH. After that you can collect money to obtain Lightning-Infused Leggings and Earthsoul Boots (average price is 18-22k gold coins on AH). With these legs and feet items you can go through 6kGS up to under BiS gear. The ele shaman’s biggest trouble, “in gear farming”, is weapon and shield. That items are really hard to obtain through dungeons and raiding. The vote points should help great here. You can obtain Sunreaver Disciple’s Blade (Normal only) for 73 Vote Points (it’s hard to farm) and Wisdom’s Hold for 71 Vote Points (currently can’t drop because it’s bugged). The next big trouble, “in gear farming”, for any caster are trinkets. To find a common trinket is not so big deal, but to get some superb and eligible trinkets, for elemental shaman spec, can be the hardest task in gear leveling. Through vote points, the next available trinkets are just superb before ICC raiding: Flare of the Heavens (59 Vote Points), Living Flame (55 Vote Points +hit), Abyssal Rune (72 Vote Points). If your gear have low hit rating then use Living Flame, if your character haste rating is low – use Abyssal Rune. The ICC reputation farming is a must. Try to participate in any specified groups. This will open to you access to the BiS ring for elemental shaman - Ashen Band of Endless Destruction (ilvl277). Another ring is easily obtainable through emblems, at the beginning. Complete daily random dungeons heroic and weekly raid quests to collect 90 Emblems of Frost. The emblems should be spent to obtain the best relic Bizuri’s Totem of Shattered Ice (30 emblems) and the belt Waistband of Despair (60 emblems) for a long term.

All described items require:
1. 40,000 gold coins.
2. 275 Vote Points = 55 days = 8 weeks = 2 months.
3. 90 Emblems of Frost = {2*7(RDF H) + 4(VOA) + 5(weekly raid quest)}*3.5(weeks) +15(The Frosting Halls quests). Total: under 4 weeks, before you will be invited to ICC raids and Frost Emblems farming.

Note. To analyze the described items I used 2 site resources: WoWWiki and OpenWoW (better). For example, on Wowhead item attributes are wrong compared to Molten DB. Just compare them: Wowhead’s Sanctified Frost Witch’s Helm and OpenWoW’s Sanctified Frost Witch’s Helm. All items over ilvl 200 are Epic on WoW Wotlk. In this guide they are marked with green links due to better forum design. The items marked as +hit have Hit Rating points in attributes set, otherwise Crit or Haste points. The items marked as +mp5 have Mana per 5 sec attribute and healers have greater permission to roll them (also they are bad for good DPS).

To make the description more structured and understandable the guide will be divided by item slots form lower level to higher level gear. This method will show you the possible “time-order”, which will allow you to obtain specified gear.

So let’s begin this collection slot by slot:

1. Head
  1. Helm of Veiled Energies (ilvl 219) - XT-002 Deconstructor.
  2. Polished Mirror Helm (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Forgemaster Garfros.
  3. Helm of the Spirit Shock (ilvl 232) - Devourer of Souls.
  4. Helm of Inner Warmth (ilvl 245, +mp5, sold by 75 Emblems of Triumph).
  5. Helm of the Crypt Lord (Normal or ilvl 245 Heroic) - Anub'arak.
  6. Frost Witch's Helm (ilvl 251, sold by 95 Emblems of Frost).
  7. Sanctified Frost Witch's Helm (ilvl 264, sold by Protector's Mark of Sanctification ).

2. Neck
  1. Amulet of Dazzling Light (ilvl 200 rare, +mp5) - Anomalus;
  2. Necklace of Taldaram (ilvl 200 rare, +hit) - Taldaram;
  3. Coil of Missing Gems (ilvl 219, +hit) - Devourer of Souls;
  4. Love's Prisoner (ilvl 232, +mp5) - Bronjahm Heroic;
  5. Arcane Loops of Anger (ilvl 232) - Devourer of Souls Heroic;
  6. Darkbane Amulet (ilvl 232, +hit) - Eydis Darkbane ToC25;
  7. Cry of the Val'kyr (ilvl 258) - Eydis Darkbane ToC25 Heroic;
  8. Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Ascendancy (ilvl 264 PVP, +hit) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25;
  9. Soulcleave Pendant (ilvl 264) - Deathbringer's Cache ICC10 Heroic/N;
  10. Pendant of Split Veins (ilvl 264, +hit) - Professor Putricide ICC10 Heroic/N;
  11. Amulet of the Silent Eulogy (ilvl 264, +hit) - Gunship Armory ICC25 Normal;
  12. Blood Queen's Crimson Choker (ilvl 264) - Blood-Queen Lana'thel ICC25 Normal;

3. Shoulder
  1. Very Fashionable Shoulders (ilvl 232, +hit, [Cloth]) - Bronjahm FoS;
  2. Frayed Abomination Stitching Shoulders (ilvl 219, [Cloth]) - Marwyn HoR Normal;
  3. Pauldrons of the Spirit Walker (ilvl 232) - Icehowl ToC10;
  4. Pauldrons of Catastrophic Emanation (ilvl 245, +hit, sold by 45 Emblems of Triumph, [Cloth]);
  5. Shoulders of the Groundbreaker (ilvl 245, +mp5, sold by 45 Emblems of Triumph);
  6. Shoulders of Ruinous Senility (ilvl 264 Heroic, +hit, [Cloth]) - Professor Putricide ICC10 Heroic/N;
  7. Shoulderguards of Crystalline Bone (ilvl 264 Heroic) - Sindragosa ICC10 Heroic/N;
  8. Frost Witch's Shoulderpads (ilvl 251, sold by 95 Emblems of Frost).
  9. Sanctified Frost Witch's Shoulderpads (ilvl 264, sold by Protector's Mark of Sanctification ).

4. Back
  1. Shroud of Dedicated Research (ilvl 200 rare) - Kirin Tor Honored;
  2. Cloak of the Fallen Cardinal (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Scourgelord Tyrannus PoS Normal;
  3. Shroud of Displacement (ilvl 245, +hit) - Champions' Cache ToC25 Heroic/Normal;
  4. Drape of the Violet Tower (ilvl 264, +mp5, sold by 50 Emblems of Frost);
  5. Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky (ilvl 264, +Spirit, sold by 50 Emblems of Frost);
  6. Relentless Gladiator's Cloak of Ascendancy (ilvl 245, +hit, PVP) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA10 or Honor Points;
  7. Wrathful Gladiator's Cloak of Ascendancy (ilvl 264, +hit, PVP) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25 or Honor Points;
  8. Lich Wrappings (ilvl 264, +hit) - Cache of the Dreamwalker ICC10 Heroic/Normal;
  9. Frostbinder's Shredded Cape (ilvl 264) - Cache of the Dreamwalker ICC25 Normal;

5. Chest
  1. Dalronn's Jerkin (ilvl 200 rare, +mp5) - Skarvald the Constructor Utgarde Keep;
  2. Shroud of Rime (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Scourgelord Tyrannus PoS Normal;
  3. Frost Witch's Hauberk (ilvl 251, sold by 95 Emblems of Frost);
  4. Mail of the Geyser (ilvl 264, +mp5, sold by 95 Emblems of Frost);
  5. Chestguard of Siphoned Elements (ilvl 264, +mp5) - Blood-Queen Lana'thel ICC10 Heroic;
  6. Sanctified Frost Witch's Hauberk (ilvl 264, sold by Protector's Mark of Sanctification );

6. Wrist
  1. Limb Regeneration Bracers (ilvl 200) - The Prophet Tharon'ja Drak'Tharon Keep;
  2. Seven Stormy Mornings (ilvl 219, +hit) - Bronjahm PoS Normal;
  3. Relentless Gladiator's Wristguards of Dominance (ilvl 245, PVP) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA10;
  4. Wrathful Gladiator's Wristguards of Dominance (ilvl 264, PVP) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25;
  5. Ether-Soaked Bracers (ilvl 264, +hit, [Cloth]) - Rotface ICC10 Heroic/Normal;
  6. Bloodsunder's Bracers (ilvl 264) - Rotface ICC25 Normal;
  7. The Lady's Brittle Bracers (ilvl 264, +hit, [Cloth]) - Lady Deathwhisper ICC25 Normal;

7. Hands
  1. Grips of Fierce Pronouncements (ilvl 200, +mp5) - The Wyrmrest Accord - Exalted;
  2. Fiery Obelisk Handguards (ilvl 200) - Herald Volazj Ahn'kahet;
  3. Cold Sweat Grips (ilvl 219, +hit, [Cloth]) - Bronjahm FoS Normal;
  4. Mitts of Burning Hail (ilvl 219, +hit) - Marwyn HoR Normal;
  5. Thrall's Gloves of Conquest (ilvl 232, +hit) - Koralon the Flame Watcher VoA10;
  6. Frost Witch's Gloves (ilvl 251, +hit, sold by 60 Emblems of Frost) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA10;
  7. Thrall's Gloves of Triumph (ilvl 245, +hit) - Koralon the Flame Watcher VoA25;
  8. Stormbringer Gloves (ilvl 264) - Cache of the Dreamwalker ICC10 Heroic/Normal;
  9. Gunship Captain's Mittens (ilvl 264, +hit, [Cloth]) - Gunship Armory ICC25 Normal;
  10. Sanctified Frost Witch's Gloves (ilvl 264, +hit, sold by Protector's Mark of Sanctification ) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25;

8. Waist
  1. Girdle of the Ethereal (ilvl 200 rare) - Xevozz Violet Hold;
  2. Ghostflicker Waistband (ilvl 200, [Leather]) - Kirin Tor - Exalted;
  3. Belt of Dark Mending (ilvl 200, [Cloth]) - Knights of the Ebon Blade - Exalted;
  4. Mail Girdle of the Audient Earth (ilvl 200, +mp5) - Loken Halls of Lightning;
  5. Essence of Anger (ilvl 219, +hit) - Devourer of Souls FoS Normal;
  6. Icehowl Binding (ilvl 232, +hit, [Cloth]) - Icehowl ToC10 Normal/Heroic;
  7. Belt of the Blood Nova (ilvl 264, +mp5) - Deathbringer's Cache ICC25 Normal;
  8. Waistband of Despair (ilvl 264, sold by 60 Emblems of Frost);

9. Legs
  1. Kilt of Dark Mercy (ilvl 200, +mp5) - Knights of the Ebon Blade - Exalted;
  2. Black Dragonskin Breeches (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Ick PoS Normal;
  3. Blackened Ghoul Skin Leggings (ilvl 232, +mp5) - Ick PoS Heroic;
  4. Legguards of Untimely Demise (ilvl 219, +hit) - The Captain's Chest HoR Normal;
  5. Thrall's Kilt of Conquest (ilvl 232, +hit) - Koralon the Flame Watcher VoA10;
  6. Frost Witch's Kilt (ilvl 251, +hit) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA10;
  7. Thrall's Kilt of Conquest (ilvl 245, +hit) - Koralon the Flame Watcher VoA25;
  8. Leggings of Dubious Charms (ilvl 264, +mp5, crafting or AH ~ 300-1,000 gold coins);
  9. Rippling Flesh Kilt (ilvl 264) - Professor Putricide ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  10. Plaguebringer's Stained Pants (ilvl 264, +hit, [Cloth]) - Festergut ICC25 Normal;
  11. Sanctified Frost Witch's Kilt (ilvl 264, +hit, sold by Protector's Mark of Sanctification ) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25;
  12. Lightning-Infused Leggings (ilvl 264, crafting or AH ~ 20,000-25,000 gold coins);

10. Feet
  1. Sandals of Crimson Fury (ilvl 200) - The Wyrmrest Accord - Exalted;
  2. Soul Screaming Boots (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Devourer of Souls FoS Normal;
  3. Mudslide Boots (ilvl 232) - Scourgelord Tyrannus PoS Heroic;
  4. Sunreaver Magus' Sandals (ilvl 245, +hit, [Cloth]) - Champions' Cache ToC25 Normal/Heroic;
  5. Sabatons of Tremoring Earth (ilvl 258) - Champions' Cache ToC25 Normal/Heroic;
  6. Plague Scientist's Boots (ilvl 264) - Festergut ICC25 Normal;
  7. Earthsoul Boots (ilvl 264, crafting or AH ~ 20,000-25,000 gold coins);

11. Rings
  1. The Prospector's Prize (ilvl 200 rare) - Krystallus Halls of Stone Heroic;
  2. Ring of the Frenzied Wolvar (ilvl 200 rare) - Gortok Palehoof Utgarde Pinnacle;
  3. Annhylde's Ring (ilvl 200) - Ingvar Utgarde Keep Heroic;
  4. Signet of Hopeful Light (ilvl 200) - Argent Crusade - Exalted;
  5. Heartmender Circle (ilvl 245, sold by 35 Emblem of Triumph);
  6. Firestorm Band (ilvl 232, +hit) - Lord Jaraxxus ToC10 Normal/Heroic;
  7. Wrathful Gladiator's Band of Dominance (ilvl 264, PVP, sold by Honor Points) - Toravon the Ice Watcher VoA25;
  8. Cerise Coiled Ring (ilvl 264) - Prince Valanar ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  9. Ring of Rapid Ascent (ilvl 264) - Gunship Armor ICC25 Normal;
  10. Valanar's Other Signet Ring (ilvl 264, +hit) - Prince Valanar ICC25 Normal;
  11. Loop of the Endless Labyrinth (ilvl 264, +hit) - Lord Marrowgar ICC25 Normal;
  12. Ashen Band of Endless Destruction (ilvl 277, +hit) - The Ashen Verdict - Exalted;

12. Trinkets
  1. Mark of the War Prisoner (ilvl 200 rare) - Cyanigosa Violet Hold;
  2. Forge Ember (ilvl 200 rare) - Sjonnir The Ironshaper Halls of Stone;
  3. Winged Talisman (ilvl 200 rare, +mp5) - Ionar Halls of Lightning;
  4. Talisman of Resurgence (ilvl 245, sold by 50 Emblem of Triumph);
  5. Shard of the Crystal Heart (ilvl 245, +hit, sold by 50 Emblem of Triumph);
  6. Nevermelting Ice Crystal (ilvl 232) - Scourgelord Tyrannus PoS Heroic;
  7. Flare of the Heavens(ilvl 239, 59 Vote Points - only way) - General Vezax Ulduar;
  8. Living Flame (ilvl 226, +hit, 55 Vote Points) - Razorscale Ulduar10;
  9. Abyssal Rune (ilvl 226, 72 Vote Points - only way) - Eadric's Cache Ulduar;
  10. Maghia's Misguided Quill (ilvl 264, sold by 60 Emblem of Frost);
  11. Reign of the Dead(ilvl 258, +DoT) - Anub'arak ToC25 Normal/Heroic;
  12. Muradin's Spyglass (ilvl 264) - Gunship Armory ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  13. Dislodged Foreign Object (ilvl 264) - Rotface ICC25 Normal;
  14. Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (ilvl 264) - Sindragosa ICC25 Normal;

13. Weapon
  1. Flameheart Spell Scalpel (ilvl 200 rare, +hit, [Dagger]) - Kirin Tor - Revered;
  2. Gavel of the Brewing Storml (ilvl 200 rare, [Mace]) - The Wyrmrest Accord - Revered;
  3. War Mace of Unrequited Love (ilvl 200, +mp5, [Mace]) - Keristrasza Nexus;
  4. Netherbreath Spellblade (ilvl 200 rare, +Spirit, [Dagger]) - Skadi Utgarde Pinnacle;
  5. Surgeon's Needle (ilvl 232, +mp5, [Dagger]) - Forgemaster Garfrost PoS Heroic;
  6. Chilled Heart of the Glacier (ilvl 219, +hit, [Dagger]) - The Captain's Chest HoR Normal;
  7. Bone Golem Scapula (ilvl 219, +mp5, [Mace]) - The Captain's Chest HoR Normal;
  8. Barb of Tarasque (ilvl 245, +hit, [Dagger]) - Icehowl ToC25 Normal/Heroic;
  9. Sunreaver Disciple’s Blade (ilvl 245, sold by 73 Vote Points - normal only, [Dagger]) - Champion's Cache ToC10 Normal/Heroic;
  10. Hammer of Purified Flame (ilvl 251, quest chain, [Mace]);
  11. Midnight Sun (ilvl 264, +mp5, [Dagger]) - Gunship Armory ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  12. Bleak Coldarra Carver (ilvl 264, +hit, [Dagger]) - Sindragosa ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  13. Frozen Bonespike (ilvl 264, +Spirit, [Dagger]) - Lord Marrowgar ICC25 Normal;
  14. Tel'thas, Dagger of the Blood King (ilvl 271, [Dagger]) - The Lich King ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  15. Royal Scepter of Terenas II (ilvl 271, [Mace]) - The Lich King ICC25 Normal;

14. Shield
  1. Facade Shield of Glyphs (ilvl 200 rare, +mp5) - Krik'thir Azjol-Nerub;
  2. Protector of Frigid Souls (ilvl 219, +mp5) - Scourgelord Tyrannus PoS Normal;
  3. Wisdom's Hold (ilvl 239, 71 Vote Points - only way) - Cache of Storms Ulduar;
  4. Lost Pavise of the Blue Flight (ilvl 264, +mp5) - Sindragosa ICC10 Normal/Heroic;
  5. Bastion of Resolve (ilvl 258) - Champions' Cache ToC25 Normal/Heroic;
  6. Bulwark of Smouldering Steel (ilvl 264) - Lord Marrowgar ICC25 Normal;

15. Relic
  1. Totem of Electrifying Wind (ilvl 245, sold by 25 Emblem of Triumph);
  2. Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice (ilvl 264, sold by 30 Emblem of Frost);

The largest factor that determines how your best in slot template looks, under 6kGS, comes down to whether you have access to twenty five man raiding or only to ten mode raids. Above was posted links to the items from both raid categories. It’s clear that ten man raid guilds are more popular, because it’s easier to create them, even prepared for Heroic mode. There is a vast difference between the gear available to twenty five man raiders in comparison with ten man players. For some item categories, you’re going to find yourself very limited in choice. The prime example of this, for casters, is in regards to trinkets. Below are described the most balanced gear set under 6kGS for 10 and 25 man raids respectively.

The balanced gear
under 6kGS for:

10 Man Raids
25 Man Raids

2. Neck: Soulcleave Pendant

3. Shoulder: Sanctified Frost Witch's Shoulderpads

4. Back: Lich Wrappings

5. Chest: Sanctified Frost Witch's Hauberk

6. Wrist: Ether-Soaked Bracers

7. Weapon: Tel'thas, Dagger of the Blood King (Heroic/Normal)

8. Shield: Bastion of Resolve

8. Relic: Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice

9. Hands: Sanctified Frost Witch's Gloves

10. Waist: Waistband of Despair

11. Legs: Lightning-Infused Leggings

12. Feet: Earthsoul Boots
12. Feet: Earthsoul Boots

13. Ring1: Ashen Band of Endless Destruction

14. Ring2: Cerise Coiled Ring

15. Trinket1: Muradin's Spyglass

16. Trinket2: Abyssal Rune
or
Maghia's Misguided Quill

How to gem and enchant 10 man raid gear? The described gear is the best for specified raid versus, but only 4 items have Hit rating attribute, which will give to your character about 209 Hit points. For 10 man raids an elemental shaman should stack over 350 Hit points! Gemming mostly depends by which trinket will be equipped: Abyssal Rune (84 Haste) or Maghia’s Misguided Quill (152 Hit). With Abyssal Rune the shaman will have about 1000 Haste rating (near ideal value) and 209 Hit points. The specified gear will give 7 or 8 yellow sockets, which can be filled by Rigid King’s Amber (+20 Hit) gems in summary value of 140 Hit points. With Maghia’s trinket we need to stack about 380 – 209 – 152 = 19 Hit points, which is near x1 Rigid King’s Amber. Other yellow sockets should be gemmed by Reckless Ametrine. Don’t doubt about such gemming, because Hit rating is crucial for elemental shaman. All red sockets should be filled by Runed Cardinal Ruby gems. The enchanting scrolls should contain Spell Power values. Only shield must be enchanted by Intellect and chest – by +10 All Stats scroll (no other variants). Such gear set should pull near 7k self buff DPS on Heroic Training Dummy.

Tip. If your character have enought Hit points, then is a good idea to fill all Waist and Legs sockets with Runed Cardinal Ruby.

How to gem and enchant 25 man raid gear? The 25 man raids offer a better and “wide amount” of items to casters. The gear listed above gives to ele shaman characters 1014 Haste rating and 220 Hit rating, without second Maghia’s trinket. In the end, I think, the Maghia’s trinket is the best choice as second trinket for any PVE below 6kGS. With the specified trinket we can collect about 372 Hit points, so remaining yellow sockets we can fill with Reckless Ametrine, which will give to us the summary of 1094 Haste rating (near ideal value). I run a lot of raids with one yellow socket, filled by rigid King’s Amber, and 2 yellow sockets, filled by Runed Cardinal Ruby gems, which allowed me to show very high DPS. Other gems and enchants are the same as specified in previous “10 man explanations”. This gear set should pull near 7.7kDPS on Heroic Training Dummy (without any professions improvements).

Maghia’s Misguided Quill. What a strange trinket? This is not pure PVE and not pure PVP trinket, but this is an elemental shaman “long time cousin” over 6kGS, before the BiS gear. For PVE this trinket is bad because requires “Use” to trigger trinket’s abilities (0.5-1.5 sec time, depending by latency and FPS). During huge DPS encounters as DBS, Festergut or BQL this trinket can be used by losing about 1500 -2000 DPS. It is developed as “bursting trinket”. This trinket should have such “procs” like Muradin’s Spyglass, Dislodged Foreign Object … For PVP is bad, because the 152 Hit points with 51 Hit points from “Ashen Band” ring gives a very overcapped hit value. The Skeleton Key or any haste trinket from ICC or RS is much better.

In any real situations pure 10 man or 25 man raid gear is a rarity. You will see and will be able to farm a mixed variants of items described above. In this VIDEO DPS TEST is an example of such case, performed by another WoW player. He pulled the average 8kDPS with Bloodlust and profession improvements. Probably this is the best self buff DPS on Heroic Training Dummy below 6kGS, which an elemental shaman can pull.

2.3. GS Over 6k
c.2.3 January 2014

The GS over 6k requires the same items as was described for 25 players raids in section above, at the beginning, but the items should be Heroic ilvl271-277 or better. This is the point where farming of RS 25 Normal periodically is a must. This farming is equal to VOA25, but with improved items ilvl 271. You should be interested in the next stuff:
Tip. The specified gear has different socket combinations and Hit rating. To make item farming more balanced for DPS I recommend to keep the Maghia’s trinket active, otherwise you will replace dozens of Rigid King’s Amber gems after each loot, just to balance character’s Hit points. Any ICC 25HC item is better than RS 25N, but if you will be able to loot some RS stuff – then get it.

The Item Level 277 versions are upgraded from the 264 versions, with a Protector's Mark of Sanctification (heroic). Begin such upgrading from Head and Shoulder slots, then try Hands and Legs slots, just to stack Hit points. This will give the possibility to replace the Maghia’s trinket to some DPS trinket.
The main difference compared to 6kGS stuff in such progression is Waist and Legs items. Really, Lightning-Infused Leggings should be replaced by Sanctified Frost Witch's Kilt (heroic) or Plaguebringer's Stained Pants (heroic, if you are allowed to loot) and Waistband of Despair – by Split Shape Belt (normal) at last. All RS gear is normal here, because ICC 25HC bosses are much easy to defeat than Halion 25HC. The Halion Heroic is hard as the LK Heroic, but for new guild or bad organized is a bit harder even and he is not a easy farming boss. I think RS 25 Heroic is a “pre-Cataclysm” raid.

2.4. Elemental Shaman BiS Set
c.2.4 January 2014

The elemental shaman BiS gear gives to us the possibility to stack and balance Haste Rating and Critical Rating only, because Hit points are near cap (370 - 380) and Spell Power is maximal from each item. The process of Haste and Critical Rating balancing mostly depends by gear type and available types of sockets on it (red, yellow and blue). At the specified point elemental shaman’s Haste Rating is near cap (1100 points), which tune our Lava casting to 1 sec, CL to 1.1 sec and LB to 1.3 sec (after Totem Relic procs to 5 stacks). During Blood Lust all described spells casting time are less than 1 sec = GCD, so it’s not necessary to stack more Haste points. At this point we can stack only Critical Rating as the much useful stat for higher DPS. The BiS gear set listed below have all described parameters and I found she provide the best in return of DPS:

BiS Gear Set

1. Head. Sanctified Frost Witch's Helm.
2. Neck. Amulet of the Silent Eulogy.
3. Shoulder. Sanctified Frost Witch's Shoulderpads.
4. Cloak. Cloak of Burning Dusk.
5. Chest. Sanctified Frost Witch's Hauberk.
6. Wrist. Bracers of Fiery Night.
7. Weapon. Royal Scepter of Terenas II.
8. Shield. Bulwark of Smouldering Steel.
9. Hands. Sanctified Frost Witch's Gloves.
10. Waist. Split Shape Belt.
11. Legs. Sanctified Frost Witch's Kilt.
12. Feet. Plague Scientist's Boots.
13. Ring1. Ashen Band of Endless Destruction.
14. Ring2. Loop of the Endless Labyrinth.
15. Trinket1. Charred Twilight Scale.
16. Trinket2. Phylactery of the Nameless Lich.
17. Relic. Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice.

GearSet: 6560.

Demo1: Elemental Shaman Wotlk 3.3.5a BiS Gear by Rexarjr
Demo2: Elemental Shaman Wotlk 3.3.5a BiS Gear DPS by Rexarjr

Tip. A lot of players think that Ring of Rapid Ascent and Blood Queen’s Crimson Choker are the best for any casters, but I should to admit they are wrong a bit. That items have practically the same performance as other rings and amulets from ICC HC, moreover, for some classes they are worse, because didn’t give the possibility to balance some item combinations, especially for ele shamans and moonkin classes. It's possible to run with Plaguebringer's Stained Pants, but "Regalia's Kilt" have more points in Hit, Spell Power and Critical Rating, which our character need so much at BiS level.

The “Stained Pants” looks “delicious”, but I don’t think they are so “nutritiously” for elemental shamans. I agree, for Mages, Locks and Shadow Priests they are BiS without a doubt. Let’s compare them deeply. Both have 139 Stamina and Intellect, but the “Kilt” receives more 1026 armor from mail, which grants more points to “Effective Stamina”. The “Stained Pants” fully stacked with 3x Runed Cardinal Rubies can stack addition 17 Spell Power (SP = 185 + 3x23 = 185 + 69 = 254 …not so huge advantage) compared to “Kilt” with summary of 237 Spell Power (SP = 195 + 23 + 12 + 7(bonus) = 237). The “Kilt” have addition 2 hit points, but with Veiled Ametrine gem socketed (as he should be socketed), he stacks on 12 Hit points more than “Pants” – it’s enough to turn shamans overall Hit rating into “Soft Cap Range” of 371 points in BiS gear. The third gear attribute is completely different on each item: the “Pants” have 116 Haste (3.54% @L80), the “Kilt” have 122 Crit (2.66% @L80). The last attribute make difficulties for choosing among both, if a player hasn’t strong knowledge about character Talent tree, Glyphs and spells. With “Kilt” equipped the “soft capped” hit rating of 371 (14.14%) can be easily turned into “hard cap” (17%) range with raid buffs (dudu’s, shadow priest’s +3%), the “soft capped” haste rating (34%) of 1104 can be easily turned into “low hard cap” range (1320) after “Bizuri’s” totem buff stacks to 5, but critical rating of 50% remains far away from “hard capped” range. With “Pants” equipped we only can increase “overcapped” Haste rating to 1220 (which will be “eaten” by GCD barrier during the cast period) by losing about 2.66% Crit Rating (47% total)! Moreover, elemental shamans have a lot of haste improvement abilities like Elemental Mastery, Engineering Gloves, Wrath of Air Totem and Blood Lust, which can turn the Lava Burst cast time under 1 sec (GCD), the Chain Lightning near 1 sec and the Lightning Bolt between 1 – 1.2 sec during the encounter! Now look at shaman’s spell rotation and analyze Elemental Talent Tree. It contains 2 Lava and 12 LB spells per casted FS. If the “Kilt” is equipped the character can stack 50% Crit chance with minimum 8 “critical” spells in the rotation, because each second LB will crit opposite addition 116 haste will not let you to cast addition LB. Also half of FS DoT ticks will do critical damage and this is enormous, because second Lava will increase the working period. Other very important talent, which increases DPS value greatly, is the Lightning Overload as a result will be instantly casted a LB/CL spell (with no mana or threat cost) with 50% damage once per 3-4 LB/CL spells. Just keep in mind that only Critical Rating (no Haste) can improve [Lightning Overload] talent, because auto casted spells can crit. Just notice the Glyph of Lightning Bolt (+4% dmg) and the meta gem Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (+3% dmg only to when spell crit!) – in “other words” the LB normal damage is increased by 4%, after the LB will crit for addition 50% bonus, will proc the Elemental Fury talent, which will increase the crit bonus damage for 100% and summary result will be improved by addition gem buff of 3% damage!
Elemental shaman’s critical spells doing 206% increased damage!!!

My Verdict. For BiS gear the Sanctified Frost Witch's Kilt is better than Plaguebringer's Stained Pants.

In the ICC HC we have next similar rings for casters:
All described rings have the same Stamina, Intellect, blue socket and Spell Power attributes. Among them only “Loop” have more Hit (50) and Crit (73) points, which shamans need so much. The “Valanar’s” ring is stacked with 78 Haste points (very well). Only “Rapid Ascent” ring is stacked with 68 Crit and 60 Haste points. I think “Rapid Ascent” ring can be valuable for draenei shamans (+1% to Hit) and other caster classes, like mages, priests. For none draenei shamans this ring provides lesser performance then other two. The “Loop” and “Valanar’s” rings have practically the same performance to DPS and you can loot or roll for one of them who will drop first. Their attributes provides just a “castling” into stats, without any summary changes. In general “Loop” is more preferred, because 50 Hit points is uncomfortably to compensate through gems.

In the ICC HC we have next similar amulets for casters:
All described amulets have the same Stamina, Intellect and Spell Power attributes. If “Queen’s” amulet to stack with a Runed Cardinal Ruby or Rigid King’s Amber he will show near the same performance as the“Eulogy” amulet have (tested on private server). The minus of the “Queen’s” neck is a blue socket! The “Eulogy” amulet is more preferred for elemental shamans, because 60 Hit points is equal to 3 Rigid King’s Amber (against 3 Reckless Ametrine = 36 Spell Power and 30 Haste Rating). The amulet’s yellow socket is just designed for one Reckles Ametrine gem, which will grant addition 5 Spell Power bonus.

Important. Always try to stack Hit points from gear attributes than from enchants or gems! This will give better hit value in return, without lossless in Haste Rating and Spell Power.

2.5. DPS Trainer
c.2.5 February 2014

ATTENTION! This paragraph contains video tests made on my “own private server” for BiS elemental shaman due to new Training Dummy bugs on Molten private server. Based on my previous notes the spell power and spell coefficients on both servers are the same, based on Database and program logic. If Molten org will fix dummies I will add and/or redo current paragraph with specified markers.

What is the DPS?

Damage per second (DPS or dps) is a measure of the damage dealt by a person or group over one second. DPS is a more practical measure of damage output than plain damage.

"Burst DPS" refers to damage dealt over a relatively short period of time. High burst damage is the preferable form of damage against targets at/with relatively low health. Most classes have at least a few spells or abilities that generate high damage very quickly.

"Sustained DPS" refers to constant damage dealt over an extended period of time. High sustained damage is the preferable form of damage against targets with relatively high health.

The DPS of a single spell can be calculated as either (Damage / Cast Time) or (Damage/Cast Interval for instant spells)(Official resource). For most calculations, an instant spells' cast time is treated as the GCD, 1.5 seconds / (1 + Spell Haste). Some spells have a reduced GCD as affected by talents.

Hi – is the spell hit percent; D – is the base damage; P – is spell power; Cp – is the spell power coefficient; B – is the critical damage bonus; Sc - is the critical strike percent; Ha – is the spell haste percent; T – is the base casting time.

The specified formula was posted on official WoW sites to calculate individual spell DPS, but something is wrong with the formula, because the returned value is too low compared with the Recount results even. For example, the formula returns the dps of 1800 for LB spell under BiS, but on Recount it counts to 8300 dps (with trinkets buff) and 7400 (without trinkets buff). After this case I decided to develop another method to do such calculations, due to my deep mathematical knowledge.

So, the average DPS calculation of most spells can be interpreted by The Lightning Bolt Graphic of DPS:

Where AVGSpellDamage() – is average spell damage during cast time, due to Hit% and Critical% chance factors and basic spell damage hit value (between minimal and maximal values); X() – unknown function multiplier, which determines random spell damage factor due to previous explanations (I am going to replace this function with random damage values, based on statistic concept); SpellDamage() – is a defined function, which can be calculated based on Spell Power(SP), spell power coefficient(SPC%), talents(T) and Glyphs effects(G); CastTime() – is overall time spent on spell casting including cooldowns and GCD (for a single spell the function value is equal to spell casting time).

The value of AVGSpellDamage() can be calculated as the average spell damage after normal hits and critical spell hits to replace X(Hit, Crit) multiplier:

AVGSpellDamage = [(SDNmin + SDNmax)/2 + (SDCmin + SDCmax)/2]/2; {F2-1}

Were SDNmin – minimal value of normal SpellDamage(); SDNmax – maximal value of normal SpellDamage(); SDCmin – minimal value of critical SpellDamage(); SDCmax – maximal value of crtical SpellDamage().

For casting spells the DPSspell of N spells is equal to:

where ASD – Average Spell Damage; CdT – Cooldown Time; CsT – Casting Time.

Note for BiS gear. LB hasn’t any cooldown time, but cast time is 1.3sec. FS casting time is equal to zero with 5 sec cooldown interval only. CL has next summary time interval between spells: 3sec + 1.1sec = 4.1sec. We can see now, that LB have the lowest CastTime() and FS – the highest CastTime(), and not matter that FS is instant spell! The DPSspell can be used to calculate casting spell DD, instant spell DD and spell DoT dps; For AoE and channeling spells should be used a bit different formula.

The character overall DPS is the summary of all average spells DPSspell, included in a “spell rotation”:

Note. The DPSspelli can be any working dps factor - even DoT kind.

How to calculate the spell damage?

Any spell damage can be calculated based on character stat attributes, defined talents, glyphs, gems and spellpower coefficients respectively.

Spell power coefficient is an intrinsic property of a spell that determines how much bonus damage or healing it gets from the spell power attribute accumulated from gear, buffs, and talents. In most cases, the coefficient is fixed for a spell; in other cases, it is changed by talents, such as various "empowering" talents, available to some caster classes. Spell power coefficients usually follow set rules outlined in the spell power article, but many exceptions exist. Exact spell power coefficients are tested experimentally and documented when well known (Resource link).

Talents
  • Concussion: +5% dmg to LB, CL, Th, Lava and shock spells.
  • Call of Flame: +6% dmg to Lava and fire totems.
  • Elemental Fury: Increases spells' critical strike damage bonus by 100%.
  • Storm, Earth and Fire: +60% dmg to FS DoT.
  • Elemental Oath: +10% to spell dmg.
  • Lava Flows: +24% dmg to Lava.
  • Shamanism: +20% dmg to LB and CL; +25% dmg to Lava.

Glyphs
  • Glyph of Lightning Bolt: +4% dmg to LB.
  • Glyph of Lava: +10% spell power to Lava.

Other
  • Chaotic Skyflare Diamond: +3% dmg to spell critical bonus.

SPC%
  • Lightning Bolt: 71.43%;
  • Chain Lightning: 57.14% + 40% + 28% on each “jump”, respectively (sum = 125.14%);
  • Lava Burst: 57.14%;
  • Flame Shock DD: 21.43%;
  • Flame Shock DoT: 10% per tick; totaling 60%; with 4 bonus of T10 addition 2 ticks –> 80%;
  • Earth Shock: 38.58%;
  • Frost Shock: 38.58%
  • Lightning Shield: 33.33%;
  • Magma Totem: 10% per tick;
  • Searing Totem: 16.67% per tick.

For example, without any talents, glyphs and gems LB NONE CRIT damage of 889 can be improved by 4200 spell power (under BiS gear set) through SPC% in the next order: 889 + 4200x(71.43%/100%) = 889 + 4200x(0.7143) = 889 + 3000 = 3889 dmg. The CL spell is less improved on a single target: 1167 + 4200x0.5714 = 1167 + 2400 = 3567 dmg, but on 3 targets it counts to 6417 dmg!

1. The AVGSpelDamage and DPSspell calculation for Lightning Bolt under BiS(1.44 sec cast; dealing 779 – 889 Nature damage).

LB improvements by Talents: 5% + 10% + 20% = +35% to dmg;
Elemental Fury +100% to spell crit bonus dmg;
LB improvements by Glyphs: +4% to dmg;
LB improvements by Gems: +3% to Critical damage;
LB improvements by SPC%: 71.43% benefits from Spell Power;
Summary: +39% dmg, +100% to crit bonus dmg and 71.43% from SP.

SDNmin = (NormalSpellDamage_min + SpellPower*SPC%)*TalentsImprovementsSumm%;

SDNmin = (779 + 4238*71.43%)*139% = (779 + 4238*0.7143)*1.39 = 5290 dmg.
SDNmax = (889 + 4238*0.7143)*1.39 = (889 + 3027)*1.39 = 5443 dmg.
SDCmin = SDNmin + [SDNmin*(150% + 3%) – SDNmin]*200% = 5290 + [5290*1.53 - 5290]*2 = 5290 + 2804*2 = 5290 + 5607 = 10897 dmg.
SDCmax = SDNmax + [SDNmax*(150% + 3%) – SDNmax]*200% = 5443 + [5443*1.53 - 5443]*2 = 5443 + 2885*2 = 5443 + 5770 = 11213 dmg.

Or

SDC = SDN*2.06;

Due to formula {F2-2}:
AVGSpellDamage = ((5290 + 5443)/2 + (10,897 + 11213)/2)/2 = (5366 + 11055)/2 = 8210 dmg.

Result: SDN vary between 5290 and 5443 dmg; SDC vary between 10,897 and 11,213 dmg; AVGSpellDamage is near 8210 dmg WITHOUT ANY TRINKET, RELIC, GLOVES AND ELEMENTAL MASTERY BUFFS. With that buffs calculations are more complex and will show greater values to damage near 10,000 dmg (+ 6-10% to damage and DPS). Look the Graphic Dependency.

DPSspell{LB} = 8210/1.3 = 6300 dps.

The real average dps of LB is 8300.
Demo: [ Lightning Bolt BiS 3.3.5a DPS by Rexarjr ]

Important! Theoretical DPSspell of LB has 24% less DPS of 6300 due to practical value compared to 8300, calculated by Recount. This is because I discarded the RANDOM boost factors, to remove complexity in calculations, to spell damage and DPS: Overloading, trinkets buff (861 and 1200 SP respectively), Ashen’s ring buff of 285 SP, racial Blood Fury of 168 SP, Engineering gloves haste of 200 points and Elemental Mastery (which makes first spell instant even). With them sometime we can stack only Ashen’s ring buff of 285 SP (sum 4485 SP), sometime all items buff with overall spell power of 6714, depending by their cooldowns.

To make things more simple I introduced the Boost Coefficient (BoostC%), which shows these random items , racial, professions and talents improvements to DPSspell{LB} with an average CONSTANT number. For LB and BiS items the orcs race have next BoostC%:

BoostC{LB} = (DPSreal – DPSspell{LB})*100%/DPSspell = (8300 – 6300)*100%/6300 = 32%.

Based on character spell power, crit rating, hit rating and haste we can easily calculate the real DPS of LB by multiply DPSspell on 1.32.

With simple trinkets and ring (ilvl 219 -264) the BoostC% will vary between: 15 – 25%; without any “boost” item, racial and profession the BoostC% will be less than 5% (due to random critical chance). Each race class has their own BoostC%, which can be detected in the same way.

2. The AVGSpelDamage and DPSspell calculation for Chain Lightning under BiS(1.02 sec cast; 3.5sec cooldown; dealing 1021 – 1167 Nature damage).

CL improvements by Talents: 5% + 10% + 20% = +35% to dmg;
Elemental Fury +100% to spell crit bonus dmg;
CL improvements by Glyphs: 0% to dmg;
CL improvements by Gems: +3% to Critical damage;
CL improvements by SPC%: 57.14% (single target) benefits from Spell Power;
Summary: +35% dmg, +100% to crit bonus dmg and 57.14% from SP.

SDNmin = (1021 + 4238*57.14%)*135% = (1021 + 4238*0.5714)*1.35 = 4648 dmg.
SDNmax = (1167 + 4238*0.5714)*1.35 = (1167 + 2422)*1.35 = 4845 dmg.
SDCmin = SDNmin*2.06 = 4648 *2.06 = 9575 dmg.
SDCmax = SDNmax*2.06 = 4845*2.06 = 9980 dmg.

Due to formula {F2-2}:
AVGSpellDamage = ((4648 + 4845)/2 + (9575 + 9980)/2)/2 = (4747 + 9777)/2 = 7262 dmg.

Due to formula {F3}:
DPSspell{CL} = 7262/(1.02 + 3.5) = 7262/4.52 = 1607 dps.

The real dps of CL is 2900.
Demo: [ Chain Lightning BiS 3.3.5a DPS by Rexarjr ]

So, BoostC{CL} = (2900 - 1607)*100%/1607 = 80.5% (very interesting result; this is why CL should be used frequently on multiple targets respectively to “AoE spell rotation”).

3. The AVGSpelDamage and DPSspell calculation for Lava Burst under BiS(0.961 sec cast; 8sec cooldown; dealing 1323 – 1685 Fire damage).

Lava improvements by Talents: 5% + 6% + 10%+ 24% + 25% = +70% to dmg;
Lava improvements by Glyphs: +10% from SP;
Lava improvements by Gems: +3% to Critical damage;
Lava improvements by SPC%: 57.14% benefits from Spell Power;
Summary: +70% dmg, +100% to crit bonus dmg and 67.14% from SP.

SDNmin = (1323 + 4238*67.14%)*170% = (1323 + 4238*0.6714)*1.7 = 7086 dmg.
SDNmax = (1685 + 4238*0.6714)*1.7 = (1685 + 2845)*1.7 = 7701 dmg.
SDCmin = SDNmin*2.06 = 7086 *2.06 = 14597 dmg.
SDCmax = SDNmax*2.06 = 7701*2.06 = 15864 dmg.

Due to formula {F2-2} and 100% crit of Lava under FS DoT:
AVGSpellDamage = (14597 + 15864)/2 = 15230 dmg.

Due to formula {F3}:
DPSspell{Lava} = 15230/(0.961 + 8) = 15230/8.961 = 1700 dps.

The real dps of Lava Burst is 1600.
Demo: [ Lava Burst BiS 3.3.5a DPS by Rexarjr ]

So,BoostC{Lava} = (1600 - 1700)*100%/1700 = -6% (?!!!).
The value of -6% is a result of different deviations, but we can round it to 0%. So Lava practically hasn’t any BoostC% from trinkets, racial e.t.c due to hers LONG 8 sec cooldown. In another words Lava Burst will be casted frequently between specified extra buffs, based on trivial statistic! In the video above we can see how trinkets buff expires while I am awaiting for the Lava’s cooldown. The Lava Burst can benefits from buffs only during some “burst” rotations: Potion of Wild Magic + Blood Fury + Maghia’s trinket use + Elemental Mastery + Lava cast. But we should keep this spell in our base rotations, because this spell is well improved by Talents and Glyphs.

4. Other real spells damage and DPS due to BiS gear .
  • FS DD (Avg dmg: 3000; BoostC% -> 0%) – 600 dps;
  • FS DoT (Avg dmg: 2200; BoostC% = 25-27%) – 700 dps;
  • Fire Elemental – 800 dps;
  • CL AoE (3 targets) - ?.

Overall DPS of a “spell rotation”

Due to formula F4 there is easy to calculate the maximal possible real and theoretical DPS of each rotation. As was described in paragraph 2.1 “Macros” (Ctrl+F-> type:c.2.1), for single target, the “spell rotation” has the next values:
DPSmax = DPSspell{LB} + DPSspell{Lava} + DPSspell{FS DD} + DPSspell{FS DoT};
DSPmath = 6300 + 1700 + 400 + 500 = 8900 dps;
DPSreal = 8300 + 1600 + 600 + 700 = 11200 dps;
DPSreal = DPSmath * AVGBoostC% = 8900 *(+ 30%) = 8900*1.3 = 11570 dps.

Demo: [ Elemental Shaman Wotlk 3.3.5a BiS Gear DPS by Rexarjr ]

Due to the last calculations we can see that obtained value is on 700 dps greater than real AVG DPS of 10500, compared to linked video. Such deviation is a summary result of existing connection latency, lag spikes and other user mistakes per “spell rotation”. Moreover, at high values (over 200 ms) latency can decrease the real DPS by a huge amount (1-2k dps, depending by class and situations) and over 500 ms the latency makes the spell rotation “unmanageable”. For example, you can cast Lava Burst too late before FF DoT expires, as a result your Lava can do a normal hit and instead powerful LB you should cast FF DD again and constantly.

Another valuable result of last calculations shows us, that elemental shamans can’t pull over 11000 self buff AVG DPS on a single target. So those resources, who demonstrate shaman’s self buff DPS of 14k, 15k or 19k are veeeery suspicious. After the most rough estimates, with 100% haste (1 sec cast time) and 100% crit chance (unreal values; only "cheater hacks" can emulate such values) the ele shamans can pull near 15k self buff DPS, due to previous formula. Greater DPS over 15k can be pulled by stacking the Spell Power to x2, x3, …, x99 after some cheating tricks! Such maximal limitations, to DPS sheet, can be determined for any other character class (even melee), and those values will not vary sufficient!

I believe that all values, calculated previously, you had seen during your Worldwide or Party WoW gameplay with "gear" over 6kGS.

The code of DPS by Rexarjr

1. The DPS rotation should be based on the most important character class spell, without cooldown timer and/or wich is the most improved by talents and Glyphs.

2. The DPS value is determined by amount of harm spells and their damage values per time interval (1 sec).

3. The “AoE” or “Single Target” spell rotations should contain different character class spells, depending by their kind or applied effects.

4. Always include in your DPS spell rotation all possible spells, which does DoT harm effect on the target.

5. Always use in your DPS spell rotations the maximal number of spells, which have better critical chance and/or doing increased critical damage.

6. To get high DPS values the spell rotation must contain spells with greater values of BoostC%.

7. Always use any "racial", trinkets, talent effects and potions at the same time to stack more points in return of DPS value and/or BoostC%.

2.6. New Ele Profession Topic
c.2.6 March 2014

As I mentioned and described in detail about elemental shamans optimal useful and profitable professions in paragraph 1.5 Elemental Shaman Profession Recommendation (Ctrl+F -> type c.1.5), they are: Jewelcrafting+Mining, Alchemy+Herbalist, Jewelcrafting+Enchanting, Leatherworking+Skinning, Inscription+Herbalist. They all contain one Gathering profession, because raw materials on Molten server are very expensive and in the most cases are more expensive than finished crafted products. The professions posted above tend to profitable category, but if you are interested in some special profession abilities or their improvements to DPS meter, then I recommend you to develop Jewelcrafting and Engineering. Any skilled player, with a hunter or other caster character “avatar” online, will offer to you the same pair of professions.

Tip. Due to paragraph 1.5 Elemental Shaman Profession Recommendation we can easily switch from one of our profitable “pair”, which contains Jewelcrafting, to this one by replacing only one Gathering profession with Engineering. In my case, I switched from Alchemy+Herbalist to Jewelcrafting+Engineering in 3 days, during weekend, using AH as a raw materials resource base mostly. For such profession leveling I paid near 130 000 gold coins. That was just “Insane” profession leveling.

Jewelcrafting. This profession grants the possibility to equip 3 improved Dragon’s Eye gems into gear slots respectively. Being a PVE shaman you should be interested only in Runed Dragon’s Eye, which will grant to your character Spell Power sheet addition 48 points. This makes the effect of addition 2 Runed Cardinal Ruby gems equipped or one addition powerful Spell Power enchants applied! To make money with Jewelcrafting in pair with Engineering the Battleground and raiding are the only ways. Try to collect BG honor points (max 75000) then buy on them any kind of uncut epic gems (10000 points per gem) from Lady Palanseer (H) / Captain O’Neal (A). This will give to you between 700 and 1000 gold coins per crafted gem, depending by gem type and market demand. If you are active raider, then collect as many Emblems of Frost and/or Emblems of Triumph as possible. Convert them into Emblem of Heroism, using macro posted in paragraph 2.1. Macros, to buy uncut epic gems from Harold Winston in Dalaran.

Engineering. This profession grants the next very valuable enchants/devices not only for PVE criteria, but for PVP also:
  • Hyperspeed Accelerators. This is an engineer-only “enchant” to gloves. This item takes the same “spot” as an enchant from Enchanting. Allowing a skilled engineer (400) to increase their haste rating by 340 for 12 sec (1 min cooldown).
  • Springy Arachnoweave. This is an engineer-only “enchant” to cloaks. It will give a 30 sec parachute every 60 seconds. In patch WoW 3.2.0 added the Spell Power bonus of 27! Requires: Engineering (380).
  • Nitro Boosts. This is an engineer-only “enchant” to feet. It will give a 5 second speed increase every 3 minutes. The actual speed increase is 150%. . In patch WoW 3.2.0 added the Critical Strike bonus of 24! Requires: Engineering (405).
  • Frag Belt. This is an engineer-only “enchant” to belts. Allowing you to detach and throw a Cobalt Frag Bomb every 6 minutes, incapacitating targets for 3 sec in a 3 yard radius. Any damage will break the effect. This does stack with the Eternal Belt Bucklet! Requires: Engineering (380).
To make money with Engineering in pair with Jewelcrafting is possible by using this profession like a Gathering one. For this you need to complete the quest "The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor! (H)” or “The Zapthrottle Mote Extractor! (A)” from Mack Diver (H) or K. Lee Smallfry in Zangarmarsh, as a reward you will obtain the [Schematic: Zapthrottle Mote Exctractor] for next device - Zapthrottle Mote Exctractor. This item is used to extract motes from various clouds, gases, mists and vortices in Outland and Northrend. The extracted raw resources can be “dropped on AH”.
In Wrath of the Lich King:
  • Arctic Clouds in Howling Fjord, Dragonblight and The Storm Peks produce [Crystallized Air] and [Crystallized Water].
  • Cinder Clouds in the Savage Thicket in Sholazar Basin, the Obsidian Dragonshrine in Dragonblight, and the Cauldron of Flames in Wintergrasp produce [Crystallized Fire].
  • Steam Clouds around the Geyser Fields and Scalding Pools in Borean Tundra and throughout Sholazar Basin produce [Crystallized Fire] and [Cystallized Water].

Other very useful engineering devices during the raid period are: Field Repair Bot 110G (helps your allies to repair their gear), Super Sapper Charge (use for addition powerful AoE, Goblins specialization), Jeeves (repair bot + remote bank access for engineers only), MOLL-E (portable mail box), Gnomish Army Knife.

Conclusion

The described professions in this paragraph are oriented to maximize the character DPS and grants a lot of new useful abilities in WoW, which helps not only your character, but entire raid or party. For hi-end gamers, where no need so much gold coins, they make possible to earn enough gold through gameplay by doing the Battlegrounds or specified raids. As I know, most players character, after few months of intensive raiding, have over 500 Frost Emblems and over 1000 Emblems of Heroism. Who have over 6 months of gaming experience in Northrend raids they have a few thousands of Emblems of Frost. To spend those emblems on uncut epic gems or Primordial Saronite is a good idea (23 Frost Emblems per Primordial Saronite). This is absolutely a new kind of uncommon money farming . If you are interested to get addition gold coins per week, then begin to level up a new character with Mining and Blacksmithing professions. The paladin is the best class for this due to his Crusader Aura (+20% to speed) with a mount (+310% speed) makes mining farming just awesome (without “speed hacking”, which are mitigated on Molten). The mining profession is the best one to support the described here Jewelcrafting (JC) and engineering (Eng). Miners can farm Titanium and Saronite ore for JC and remaining Saronite ore should be smelted into Saronite Bars for Eng one. Using some Alchemy transmutation ability it’s possible to convert 8 Saronite Bars into 1 Titanium Bar, without smelting Titanium ore! It makes sense, when you will stack over 70 stacks of Saronite Bars. Also mining grants the possibility to farm [Crystallized Earth] and [Crystallized Shadow] from Saronite and Titanium veins mostly, which “mote extractor” can’t give.

2.7. Our Friendly Addons
c.2.7 March 2014

Many add-ons can be downloaded from site: Curse Client.
If some add-ons on CurseClient site are outdated, then try the archive database on: Curse Forge.

Read This Before

Below are posted the most important add-ons for patch Wotlk, which most shamans must have. I have them installed anyway. Some of them must be configured first to make them work properly; otherwise there is no sense to install them. Depending by game patch and localization some add-ons will not work as supposed, in this case you must to search other similar variants, due to their version. All these nuances are described in the Synopsis section.

Categories:
1. Important – very useful and valuable add-ons for a dedicated raider, especially in the Heroic mode.
2. Valuable – if you want to increase your in-game performance, then install these add-ons also.
3. Intermediate –just grants your character with new functionality modes.
4. Avoid – can be a source of low FPS, lags, serious UI bugs, restricted on Molten e.t.c.

Synopsis criteria:
1. Configuration.
1.1. Required – need to be configured before using.
1.2. Recommended – not required, but should be to make UI more convenient.
1.3. No need – no need; it’s configuration is balanced by default.
1.4. Universal – is usable for any class + spec, in PVE and PVP area.
1.5. By default – by default, but can be optimized under specified class.
1.6. Individual – must be configured under specified class for PVE or PVP.
1.7. Simple – the interface is simple, with few menu options.
1.8. Medium – the interface have many options, oriented in a list style.
1.9. Multilevel – very complex conf interface, with many tabs, which are linked (animation, sounds, speed, icons for a specific effect).

2. Complexity.
2.1. Low – easy to understand and use in the game.
2.2. Medium – average difficulty.
2.3. High – is hard to understand and working with the add-on; required deep experience for well using.

Important

1. PowerAuras. Designed to give visual or audible cues to the user in response to in-game events, such as gaining buffs or debuffs. Types of cues range from simple texture displays to stack counters, timers to timer bars, and are fully user-configurable.
Synopsis:
2. Heal Bot. Adds a panel with skinable bars for healing, decursive, buffing, ressing, range, checking and agro tracking.
Synopsis:
3. DBM. Boss mods for all Wrath of the Lich King raids and 5-man dungeons.
Synopsis:
4. Aloft / Tidy Plates. Customize and enhance unit nameplates. I am using Aloft personally, because the addon don’t change classical WoW UI.
Synopsis:
5. Recount. Records Damage and Healing for Graph Based Display.
Synopsis:
6. TotemGuru. Shows totems dropped by other people in the raid.
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: no need (you must position addon’s panel in right place); simple.
  • Complexity: low;
  • Stable version: TotemGuru v.7 (37 KB zip)

7. Quartz. Modualr casting bar.
Synopsis:
8. GearScore_Lite. Quickly and easily judge a player’s level of Gear.
Synopsis:
9. Class Loot. Kaliban's Class Loot List provides ratings for all raid loot with respect to it's suitability for different class/spec combinations.
Synopsis:
Valuable

1. OmniCC. OmniCC is an addon that adds text to items, spell and abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they will be ready to use. In other words: it turns all the standard analogue cooldowns into digital ones.
Synopsis:
2. LoseControl. LoseControl makes it easy to see the duration of crowd control spells by displaying them in a dedicated icon onscreen.
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: no need; universal; simple.
  • Complexity: low;
  • Stable version: LoseControl v.3.33

3. Gatherer. Gatherer is an addon for herbalists, miners and treasure hunters in World of Warcraft. It's main purpose is to track the closest plants, deposits and treasure locations on your minimap. The addon does not track like a tracking ability does, rather it "remembers" where you have found various items in the past. When you view your World Map, you will also see the item locations marked on the particular map you are viewing there.
Synopsis:
4. ButtonForge. Button Forge is an Action Bar addon that allows you to create completely new Action Bars (as many as you want). Each bar can have up to 1500 buttons organised into rows and columns (up to 5000 buttons total).
Synopsis:
5. Plate Buffs. PlateBuffs (PB) displays people's buffs and debuffs above their nameplates.
Synopsis:
6. Gladius. Gladius adds enemy unit frames to arenas for easier targeting and focusing. It is highly configurable and you can disable most features of this addon.
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: recomended; individual; multilevel.
  • Complexity: high.
  • Warning: -- can be a source of UI bugs and low FPS.
  • Stable version: Gladius v.1.2.0 (220 KB zip)

7. Move Anithing. MoveAnything enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element in WoW, offering tools to help you customize your UI. Some other frame modifications are also possible using MA's Frame Editors (Introduced in 11.b2), including framestrata, frame grouping and more. I used this addon to change the position of default WoW unit frames near middle of the screen and their buff and debuff locations.
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: required as indicated in addon name; individual; multilevel.
  • Complexity: high.
  • Warning: -- can be a source of UI bugs.
  • Stable version: Move Anithing v.11.b2 (52.5 KB zip)

8. Range Display. Is a simple range display addon. It is using spell range, item range and interact-distance based checks to determine the approximate range to your current target.
Synopsis:
9. Loot Filter. Are you tired of deleting all the crap items from your inventory that you get from looting corpses? Or are you tired of having to manually click the items you want from a corpse? Then this addon is for you. It lets you filter loot by quality, item name and item value, and helps you keep your inventory clean. It also features an option to easily sell or delete items in bulk. The best type of add-on for those, who farming different NPC (like in-game elementals). Also apply Auto Loot checkbox for in-game interface (Interface->GameTab->Controls->Auto Loot) for better performance!
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: required; individual; simple.
  • Complexity: low.
  • Warning: -- Be very and very careful with this add-on!!! Remove all checkbox from options on "Clean" tab! Open command: "/lf".
  • Stable version: Loot Filter v.3.14 (59.2 KB zip)

Intermediate

1. Spell Flash. This addon is able to make suggestions of what spell you may want to cast next by flashing on top of the spell buttons. It’s an addition “flash” support for OmniCC addon.
Synopsis:
2. Button Timers. ButtonTimers is action buttons with timers attached. The timers can be configured to show a buff/debuff or the cooldown of a spell. The timers are highly configurable, with lots of options to play with. Addition functionality for OmniCC.
Synopsis:
3. Auctioneer. From purchasing to posting, the Auctioneer Suite provides time-tested tools to allow you more time to actually play your characters or play the market. As you will soon discover, it is much more than a simple "Auctioning AddOn", the Auctioneer Suite also shows in-depth information for all game items, such as those used in quests or recipes, enchanting, milling, prospecting and more. The addon is supported by a few sub-addons, which gives addition information, installed by default. In general, I noticed this addon enough confused and powerful – the time is required to understand how to manage him well, due to fact, that on Molten server things looks differently on AH pricing.
Synopsis:
4. Spell Alerter. SpellAlerter is a basic spell alert mod based off the original SpellAlert mod. See the images for the different alert types you can setup.
Synopsis:
5. NPC_Scan. _NPCScan tracks seldom-seen rare mobs by proximity alone, making the old “/targetexact …” macros obsolete. It has the same range as those targeting macros, but you won't have to mash any buttons. Just go about your business and let _NPCScan alert you when it finds something. Can be configured to find any other NPC, using WoWhead DB. Just search your NPC, type “Links” button there and check the “Markup Tag” field code (For, example: 50882 Chupacabros ).
Synopsis:
  • Configuration: recomended; individual; simple.
  • Complexity: medium;
  • Warning: need to delete “creaturechace.wdb” file in WoW folder to reset it's database;
  • Stable version: NPC_Scan v.3.3.5.5 (50.1 KB zip)

6. NPC_Overlay. NPCScan.Overlay is an addition to _NPCScan that adds map overlays for rare mob patrols. When you search for a rare in _NPCScan, _NPCScan.Overlay will show where it patrols until you find it.
Synopsis:
Avoid

1. AVR. AVR (Augmented Virtual Reality) allows you to draw and add lines, circles and other markings on the 3D world itself. All markings may also be shared with others. Suitable for example to mark locations when explaining raid tactics. These marks can even be left visible for the fight itself.
Warning! Decreases UI FPS to 10-15, abandoned project, on some servers counts as a “cheating” addon.

2. Omen. Omen is a threat meter.
Warning! If you run with full PVE talented spec, being a ele shaman you don’t need this addon. Most addon versions make a “FPS lag spike”, when you drop your totems.

2.8. The Stats Priority
c.2.8 April 2014

Intro
There is nothing uncommon to say about stats abilities and their priority. Overall the Internet you will find a lot of well explained threads about this. Most guides about elemental shamans, as players had seen it before, include only: Stats description, Gems, Enchants, Rotations and rarely Talents. In this guide I posted a lot of unknown and uncommon things about low studied shaman’s Spec. This paragraph is just a supporting Info for the next two paragraphs. Here I focused explanations on our Soft-cap and Hard-cap stat values mostly, because they are bad explained in Web threads mostly.

The "Cap" may be used when referring to gear itemization. For example, players theorycraft about the hit cap, the expertise cap, the dodge cap, the spell penetration cap, and others.

Hard-cap. A "hard cap" is a point beyond which a stat becomes useless. For example, 1400 armor penetration rating bypasses 100% of all armor, so more rating has no effect. A spellcaster with 17% increased chance to hit will never miss a boss, so this is the hard cap for hit rating for casters.

Soft-cap. A "soft cap" is either the point at which a stat stops providing a particular benefit but continues to provide others, or the point beyond which a temporarily active buff will push the stat over a hard cap. For an example of the first, a defense rating of 689 is sufficient to eliminate the chance of a boss getting a critical hit against you, so further defense will not have any effect on your chance to be critically hit, but will still increase your chance to parry, dodge, block and be missed by attacks.

Stat Priority
1. Hit
Hard-cap: 17%; Soft-cap: 14-15%; 32.78 Hit Rating grants 1% hit chance.

In Wotlk we have a 17% chance to miss. This equates to needing 17% hit on your character Sheet (excluding talents, raid buffs and so on). The elemental shamans can stack Elemental Precision talent. At rank 3th, this talent gives us an additional 3% chance to hit with all our schools of spells. This talent is a must for PVE ele shamans, because the talent provides a 30% threat reduction also (so dismiss your Omen). Draenei shamans, due to their racial aura (+1% Hit) have a reduced Soft-cap value.

2. Spell Power
Hard-cap: as much as possible; Soft-cap: missing; 100 Spell Power increasing spell damage, based to Spell Power Coefficients% (SPC%).

After hit chance is Soft-capped the Spell Power is our primary offensive stat and the one which we stack as high as possible. This stat determines how hard our spells hits due to SPC%. Most of the time, you will be gemming and enchanting to improve this stat.

3. Haste
Hard-cap: 1100-1500; Soft-cap: 1000-1100; 32.79 Haste Rating grants 1% haste.

This is our second strongest offensive stat. We should stack this stat until our Lava Burst and Chain Lightning spell cast time is near 1 sec (GCD), which requires a Soft-cap haste rating of 1100 points (33.67%). There is no sense to stack enough haste to turn our Lightning Bolt casting time to GCD!

4. Critical Strike Rating
Hard-cap: 50% -71% (ideally unreal 100%); Soft-cap: 40-50%; 45.91 Crit Rating grants 1% crit chance.

This is our weakest offensive stat until we reach the under BiS gear set (over 6.2kGS). There is no sense to enchant or gem this stat. Try to stack some critical chance from gear and trinkets only, if Hit and Haste are Soft-capped.

5. Intellect
Hard-cap: as much as possible; Soft-cap: missing; 100 Intellect grants 1500 mana also 166.7 Intellect grants 1% Spell Crit.

This is a core passive stat that affects both our natural mana regeneration and our spell critical strike rating. It is on our gear by default and don’t stack properly. We use it on shield enchants, because is nothing better to enchant a shield.

6. MP5
Hard-cap: as much as possible; Soft-cap: missing; 100 mp5 = 100 mana reg per 5 sec (simple).

This is useless for elemental shamans as Spirit, Agility and Strength, especially over 6kGS.

7. Stamina
Hard-cap: as much as possible; Soft-cap: missing; 1 Stamina grants 10 HP.

Stamina is a stat you will collect passively on gear like Intellect. Due to the requirements of our Meta gem, you will find yourself needing two blue gems in your gear, which grants Stamina by default. In this case, use Glowing Dreadstone.

8. Spirit
Hard-cap: as much as possible; Soft-cap: missing.

Completely useless for ele shamans. No ‘elementalist’ gear have this stat. You can stack Spirit only form Marrowgar’s Bonespike Dagger.

2.9. Gemming the BiS Gear
c.2.9 April 2014

There is nothing to say something different or uncommon about gemming a gear set, because this theme is well known and obvious. The gear socket optionally should be stacked with required color to stack some bonus stats. In general you can see on the most BiS geared Retry Paladins all red sockets filled with red gems of Strength and a lot of yellow or blue sockets also filled with Strength gems; the MM Hunters, Warriors and Combat Rogues prefer to stack Armor Penetration on all available sockets; the BM Hunters prefer to stack Attack Power through gems; the Prot Paladins filling their gear with blue Stamina gems and e.t.c. Most classes also have the same socketing technology. They are socketing the required gem by color only to get the Meta Gem buff. But some casters can have a bit different “socketing formula”, due to their multivariate talents and how the talents can be improved by some stats.

The rules of gemming the elemental shaman’s gear:

1. Build your gear set with items, which contains red and yellow sockets mostly.
2. Get and equip the gear items, which have more sockets.
3. Try to fill the required gems into gear item, which grants addition 7 Spell Power bonus.
4. Try to fill your gear with gems, which contains Spell Power attribute firstly and Haste attribute secondly.
5. Never stack full Haste gems.

Analyze
Under 6kGS to apply the gems is simple enough as was explained in paragraph 2.2. GS Under 6k. All red sockets fill with Runed Cardinal Ruby, yellow – Reckless Ametrine, blue - Glowing Dreadstone.

First ruler’s option say: “Try to collect not only the specified gems under a gear item, but a specified gear under preferred “class gems” like Spell Power and Haste”. For example, the Bracers of Fiery Night are better than Bloodsunder's Bracers and no matter the “Fiery Night” are Cloth type; the Cloak of Burning Dusk is better than Frostbinder's Shredded Cape; the Amulet of the Silent Eulogy is better than Blood Queen's Crimson Choker (really “Queen’s” neck normal is great, but on heroic that blue socket make it good for mages, locks, shadow priests mostly; read more in paragraph 2.4. Elemental Shaman BiS Set ).

The second rule’s option give to us the decision to choose between character class T10 items and items with one addition socket (you should choose between Sanctified Frost Witch's Kilt and Plaguebringer's Stained Pants; read paragraph 2.4. Elemental Shaman BiS Set ).

The third rule’s option points us to mathematical calculations. Really, let’s analyze the Split Shape Belt. With Eternal Belt Buckle enchant we can attach an addition socket to the belt. If we will fill all 3 sockets with Runed Cardinal Ruby , then summary item Spell Power will be the next: 151 + (3x23) = 151 + 69 = 220 SP. Now let’s stack the yellow belt’s socket with Veiled Ametrine: 151 + (2x23) + 12 + 7(socket bonus) = 151 + 46 + 12 + 7 = 216 SP. In the second case we lost only 4 SP points, which is not so horrendous, but gained addition 10 Hit points, which can be very valuable at BiS gear (because we dismissed “Maghia’s” trinket).

The fourth rule’s option point’s us to previous paragraph. The shamans should stack only to attributes through gems, which have higher priority at specified GearSet.

The last rule’s option say: “Never stack pure Haste rating through gems, because it’s a pure waste of valuable points! Exception if you are Restoration Shaman!”.

The gems, which should be used in PVE gear:
1. Red socket: Runed Cardinal Ruby (+23 Spell Power) – by default.
2. Red socket: Runed Dragon's Eye (+39 Spell Power) – for Jewelcrafters only (max 3).
3. Yellow socket: Rigid King's Amber (+20 Hit Rating) – if your character’s Hit is low.
4. Yellow socket: Reckless Ametrine (+12 Spell Power and +10 Haste Ratin) – by default.
5. Yellow socket: Veiled Ametrine (+12 Spell Power and +10 Hit Rating) – to turn your character Hit into soft-cap range at BiS gear by dismissing “Maghia’s” trinket.
6. Blue socket: Glowing Dreadstone (+12 Spell Power and +15 Stamina) –by default to activate Meta gem; nothing better.
7. Meta socket: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (+21 Critical Strike Rating and 3% Increased Critical Damage).
8. Prismatic socket: Runed Cardinal Ruby.

Tip. I noticed that some players prefer to fill ele shaman gear’s blue sockets with Nightmare Tear to activate Meta gem (two blue gems are required), because this gem matches any socket. It’s not good idea anyway. The elemental shaman’s BiS gear have only 3 blue sockets (shoulder, chest and ring). The ring should be filled with Runed Cardinal Ruby (no better option). If you will fill shoulder or chest blue sockets with Nightmare Tear gem (only one "Tear" can be filled!), then you will receive +10 to all base stats. Now look at previous paragraph. Only Intellect can grant some benefits to DPS meter by increasing Critical Rating by scanty level of 1% from each 166.7 Intellect. The +10 Stats to Intellect, Strength, Agility, Stamina and Spirit are completely useless and ridiculous. If you will fill the specified items with Glowing Dreadstone, than your character will receive addition 12 Spell Power and 30 Stamina, which is on 5 Stamina more compared to previous variant! The weight of addition 12 Spell Power compared with +0.06% critical chance, from one “Tears”, is obvious. My opinion: the Nightmare Tear is perfect for Retry Paladins, Feral Druids, and good for Hunters, Rogues and Enhancement Shamans to activate Meta gem. Their offensive abilities benefits a lot form Strength, Agility and Intellect.

2.10. The Elemental Shamans Best Enchants
c.2.10 May 2014

Due to previous paragraph our main task is to stack both primary stats: Spell Power (SP) firstly and Haste Rating (HaR) secondly. Only some character items haven’t any good SP or Haste enchants and we should use something different.

Enchants

Head

By default: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries (+30 Spell Power, +20 Critical Strike Rating).
- You need Kirin Tor reputation at revered or higher to buy this.

Shoulders

By default: Greater Inscription of the Storm (+24 Spell Power, +15 Critical Strike Rating).
- You need Sons of Hodir reputation at exalted to buy this. You can use Emblem of Triumph to increase reputation with many Northrend factions by purchasing specified badges.

For scribers: Master’s Inscription of the Storm (+70 Spell Power, +15 Critical Strike Rating).

Cloak

By default: Scroll of Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed (+12 Haste Rating).
For tailors: Lightweave Embroidery (chance to increase SP by 295 for 15 sec).
For engineers: Springy Arachnoweave (+27 Spell Power (beginning from WoW 3.2.0) and a 30 sec parachute every 60 seconds).

Chest

By default: Scroll of Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats (+10 to all base stats).

Bracers

By default: Scroll of Enchant Bracer - Superior Spellpower (+30 Spell Power).
For leatherworkers: Fur Lining – Spell Power (+76 Spell Power).
For blacksmiths: Socket Bracer (+1 gem socket).

Hands

By default: Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Spellpower (+28 Spell Power).
For engineers: Hyperspeed Accelerators (+340 Haste Rating for 12 sec every 1 min).
For blacksmiths: Socket Gloves (+1 gem socket).

Waist

By default: Eternal Belt Buckle (+1 gem socket).
For engineers: Addition Frag Belt (throw a Cobalt Bomb every 6 minutes, incapacitating targets for 3 sec in a 3 yard radius).

Legs

By default: Sapphire Spellthread (+50 Spell Power, +30 Stamina).

Feet

By default: Scroll of Enchant Boots - Icewalker (+12 Hit Rating, +12 Critical Strike Rating).
For engineers: Nitro Boosts (will give a 5 sec 150% speed increase every 3 minutes and +24 Critical Strike Rating (beginning from WoW 3.2.0)).

Shield

By default: Scroll of Enchant Shield - Greater Intellect (+25 Intellect).

Finger

For enchanters: Enchanting Ring – Greater Spellpower (+23 Spell Power).

One-Handed Weapons

By default: Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower (+63 Spell Power).

Staves

By default: Scroll of Enchant Staff - Greater Spellpower (+81 Spell Power).

Note. All enchants, posted above, are the best and expensive enough (AH price vary between 2000 and 3000 gold coins). I can redirect you to another enchants “web-page menu”: Shaman Enchants, Level 80, where you can choose another and more cheaper enchants, during your “gear leveling time”. There are not any analyze, comparison or recommendation about, just pure WoW statistic of usage.
The previous enchants list shows to us that any profession enchants are much better than any trivial type of them. There are reason to level up some crafting profession. You can teach more about professions from paragraphs 1.5 and 2.6 respectively. When both of our professions are Crafting type we receive the best performance to DPS meter from them.

So, our main question now is:
“Which profession combinations are better for elemental shamans?”

Comparison & Analyse
Synopsis:
Scribers (SC): +70 Spell Power; +15 Critical Strike Rating.
Tailors (TL): % chance to buff 295 Spell Power for 15 sec.
Enchanters (EnH): +46 Spell Power.
Engineers (EnG): +27 Spell Power; +24 Critical Strike Rating; +Parachute; +340 Haste for 12 sec; Frag Belt; +150% moving speed for 5 sec.
Leatherworkers (LW): +76 Spell Power.
Jewelcrafters (JC): +48 Spell Power.
Blacksmiths (BS): +2 prysmatic sockets => +46 Spell Power.

It’s obvious that EnG should be our main Crafting profession due to the best improvements to our overall stats in PVE and PVP criteria. Really, +27 SP and +24 CrR are nice values compared with default enchants. A parachute (with 1 min cooldown) is great ability, especially at VDW, even after Nitro Boosts “backfires”. The Hyperspeed Accelerators have great buff to keep our LB casting time near 1.1 sec, while our Elemental Mastery is on cooldown. The Frag Belt can save you from packs of incoming trashes, while your Earthbind Totem is on cooldown. The Nitro Boosts is just superb to escape from some boss deadly abilities (like PP’s Maleable Goo; Rotface’s Slime Spray, while near you is a Big Ooze or Slime Pool; Sindragosa’s Blistering Cold; LK’s Vile Spirits). I don’t say something about PVP even.

So, the second important question is:
“What profession to get in pair with Engineering?”

It’s obvious that JC (with +48 SP) is better than BS (with +46 SP from addition two sockets) and EnH (+46 SP). Really, Runed Dragon’s Eye grants +39 SP, which is on +16 SP more than Runed Cardinal Ruby have (+23 SP). Let’s check it by replacing standard gems. For example, 3xRCR = 69 SP and 3xRDY = 117 SP; difference = 117 SP – 69 SP = 48 SP (Summary JC buff)! LW grants addition +46 SP compared with default Bracer enchant of 30 SP (76 SP – 30 SP = 46 SP), which is on 2 SP less than JC grants. SC grants addition 46 SP, but 5CrR less (70 SP – 24 SP from “Storm” enchant = 46 SP and 15 CrR – 20 CrR = -5 CrR) than JC grants in pair with standard Greater Inscription of the Storm enchant. About TL, it’s not our profession by default. A chance to increase SP by 295 for 15 sec sounds great, but such kind of enchants are not good for casters without DoT based DPS, like Black Magic also is. Such kind of enchants, which have a chance to proc powerfull stats, are good for DoT DPS based casters and melee characters. They can proc frequently before you get “Spiked”, “Entombed”, while you should to run with a debuff, just before a boss phase will change (you are not able to DPS in the most cases). Compared to other type of professions JC is very profitably, but is very hard to level and learn all recipies also. I just demonstrated the best profession in pair with EnG above. You can choose any other one if you prefer to craft something different, because you will not lose too many offensive stats anyway.

My Verdict. Get Engineering and Jewelcrafting professions.

Black Magic Buff. The most confused discussion is around Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Black Magic enchant in comparison with Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spellpower .

As I posted above about TL enchant the Black Magic have the same problem. The WoW community discovered that Black Magic have a 35% chance to proc 250 Haste Rating for 10 sec, with a 35 seconds internal cooldown! Notice, a 35% chance to proc! During intensive movement encounters your chance to proc it is lowest even (you can proc it like 5-10 sec after cooldown). Moreover, over 6kGS your Haste Rating is Soft-capped and EnG Gloves can easily replace the functionality of this enchant. More important is next: EnG Gloves are manageable – you can proc them with Blood Fury (for orc race only) or while some of your trinkets buff is working, controversy is Black Magic buff, which can proc while you are “Spiked” or under Unchained Magic debuff (as an example). I think this enchant was designed for patch WoW 3.1 or 3.2. If your GS is under 5.5kGS and your character Haste Rating is under 700 points, then you can get this enchant as the best for weapon. During ToC and ICC, especially in Heroic modes, while T10 gear is available, nothing is better than Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower. The Black Magic can use Mages, Shadow Priests and Locks mostly, because they need a lot of Haste and their dozens of DoTs can proc this enchant buff immediately after cooldown. About the Black Magic enchant I can’t tell more “deep” than Sihmm did – read his article “Black Magic: Stay away from da voodoo”.

Few of my threads were deleted based on one or two words, without well explanations. This thread can be deleted at any moment, due to amount of words. So I see no sense to continue the last Chapter 3 and this site SEO-Optimization without warranty. If you understand well what was posted above, then you should have good idea how to improve your shaman, based on Chapter 3 paragraphs. Thanks for reading.

Follow me on YouTube

Edited: June 13, 2014
Molten Member
iAmAthirat October 5, 2013  
I hope this project ain't daed

Molten Member
Xellic October 14, 2013  
I hope you are going to continue this. Looking like it will be one of the best guides on the whole forum. Keep up the good work!

Molten Member
iAmAthirat October 26, 2013  
PvE talents for ele are okay for early game, but for end game these are superior ones : http://wow335.gamestool.net/shamant.php?05330015232133513223013510050500310000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Molten Member
Aleastraszabcde October 26, 2013  
VERY nice guide so far. BUMP

This should be stickied when completed.

Molten Member
Rexarjr October 27, 2013  
Posted by iAmAthirat View Post
PvE talents for ele are okay for early game, but for end game these are superior ones : http://wow335.gamestool.net/shamant....00000000000000
Well, I think you didn't read all my post referred to paragraph 1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs, where I had posted a link to the same thread Elemental DPS Talent Build / Spec (3.3.5). Your link shows the same talents, but all points from Convection you spread between Elemental Warding and Improved Fire Nova and IT'S VERY STRANGE!. I don't understand which are the benefits from Booming Echoes without full Convection active, counting that Lightning Bolt is the basic spell in PVE Elemental rotation. About DPS I have a lot of info, which I will explain later, based on my TABLE OF CONTENTS.

My best DPS rotations shows when: Lightning Bolt have 73.5% from overall damage, Lava Burst - 18%, Flame Shock (DoT) - 7% and e.t.c. - on Heroic Training Dummy.

I tested my Improved Shields (with default 4,000 Spell Power) @ LK 25 Normal just yesterday. And during 14 min boss encounter the DoT damage from Lightning Shield done 69,000 dmg (1.9% from all dmg). For example, Flame Shock direct damage done a bit more (more or less 4.8%). Because my character Lava Burst crit. was 23,000 - 28,000, LB crit. was 18,000-19,000 and Flame Shock crit. - 5,000 - 6,000 damage. Shield's orb max damage was 4200, but average value was 3650!

Tip to DPS. Moreover, each shock spell locks your cast bar for 1 sec GCD compared with LB, with 1350 haste, which has 1.3 sec cast time (summ is 2.3 sec per application + addition one, with 33% chance and half damage ,if talent Lightning Overload procs). During this time you are able to cast max 1 shock spell with max possible damage under 7,000, if you gonna using shocks in your rotation! Min shock spells cooldown is 3 sec compared with Lightning Bolt's 0 sec cooldown.

Edited: October 28, 2013 Reason: Adding new info
Molten Member
iAmAthirat November 3, 2013  
Tip to DPS. never use shocks if you don't have to (except for movement es, refreshing fs >6k SP)

EDIT: and about that talent tree, show me a high geared shaman running oom in raid environment when you can dance between shields/ts.

Edited: November 3, 2013
Molten Member
well November 4, 2013  
you seriously don't need convection, unrelenting storm and specially improved shields

Molten Member
Rexarjr November 4, 2013  
Posted by well View Post
you seriously don't need convection, unrelenting storm and specially improved shields
Hmm... I think Convection is a must, but about Improved Shields mostly depends by players play style and manners. During encounters where Chain Lightning is casted frequently (Lord Marrowgar, Lady Death, Gunship, Saurfang, Valithria and partially Lich King ± 15min!), elemental shaman's mana drain is huge and without Convection and Thunderstorm is a risk. I can't see another well path where to spread points from Convection. Ele shaman without mana doing nothing! It helps a lot when your character ressurects during combat also. So this talent is not a waste.

About shields I can say one thing - shamans should stack everything which can give some points to damage sheet. Any improved defensive stats in PVE is not primary, counting shamans have mail gear against trashes physical damage. Any boss have 2 kinds of ability: dangerous (where Elemental Warding will not help, but can be healed), 1 shot (what to say ?). So, we need to decide where to put those 3 last talent points... We can stack them in Booming Echoes or Improved Shields only, as offensive talent criteria. I choosed IShields, because shields and enchanted weapons are basic concepts of shamans combat idea. Moreover, LShield can make a DoT damage during your spellrotation without any GCD, as I described above. iAmAthirat's play style concept is to spam shock spells during moving (read post above), my style - is to refresh shields and cast Thunder near trashes and boss during moving to dodge boss abilities.

This post gone in my hobby this time, so I decided to open an additional You Tube channel where I will share vidoes with similar themes to this thread... and with my raid progression ...

Edited: November 4, 2013
Molten Member
Rexarjr November 10, 2013  
Tip to DPS. never use shocks if you don't have to (except for movement es, refreshing fs >6k SP)

EDIT: and about that talent tree, show me a high geared shaman running oom in raid environment when you can dance between shields/ts.
Just watch this [HD VIDEO: Lord Marrowgar 10 Normal by Rexarjr ], [HD VIDEO: Lady Deathwhisper 10 Normal by Rexarjr -- 16600DPS], [HD VIDEO: Lord Marrowgar 10 Heroic by Rexarjr ] or [HD VIDEO: Deathbringer Saurfang 10 Heroic by Rexarjr --> AVG DPS 16500].

Edited: November 17, 2013
Molten Member
iAmAthirat November 12, 2013  
Posted by Rexarjr View Post
Just watch this [HD VIDEO].
If you wanted to show something new here, sorry - you failed. That dps is really low for your gear m8 =)

Molten Member
Aquiline November 13, 2013  
There is absolutely no use in putting into shamanistic focus, convection and unrelenting storm as your wouldn't go oom unless you decide to do some off spec healing in the raid. I put them into ghost wolf and fire nova as they are especially useful in end game raidings.

Next, I would like to point out that the dps done on recount can be deceiving especially in 10man raids due to lack of raid buffs and etc... Therefore you shouldn't be using it to compare with your 25man full raid buff DBS encounter. That being said, you should have posted a video on your DBS encounter instead.

From what I can see, its quite a nice guide for newbies but there are a few things I would like to point out. I feel that Glyph of Lava is over rated and should be replaced by Glyph of Flametongue weapon and Glyph of totem of wrath to be replaced by Glyph of Elementary mastery. You can easily do the math on Lava VS Flametongue. As for elementary mastery, I feel that its better but I do not have the statistic to support it.(I might be wrong though) Do take note that this applies only to BiS geared shamans.

Anyway its nice to see that people are still playing Ele shamans.

Molten Member
hellforge November 18, 2013  
How do you DPS bosses with Lightning Shield as ele?

Molten Member
Rexarjr November 19, 2013  
If you wanted to show something new here, sorry - you failed. That dps is really low for your gear m8 =)
Hehehe... Not low, but "REALLY low"... Well, tell me please, what is your patch? Isn't CATA? In any 25 HC ICC the best DPS classes, under BiS gear, can pull between 15k and 20k DPS on a single target and IT'S NORMAL. More DPS is possible during AoE, extra buffs (Vampiric Essence), bugs, cheats, burst. Somehow I pulled 38k AoE DPS on trashes, but who cares about that? Some DK pulled 51k AoE DPS on trashes anyway.

Maybe this DPS is enough [Video]?

Molten Member
Rexarjr November 27, 2013  
Posted by Aquiline View Post
There is absolutely no use in putting into shamanistic focus, convection and unrelenting storm as your wouldn't go oom unless you decide to do some off spec healing in the raid. I put them into ghost wolf and fire nova as they are especially useful in end game raidings.

Next, I would like to point out that the dps done on recount can be deceiving especially in 10man raids due to lack of raid buffs and etc... Therefore you shouldn't be using it to compare with your 25man full raid buff DBS encounter. That being said, you should have posted a video on your DBS encounter instead.

From what I can see, its quite a nice guide for newbies but there are a few things I would like to point out. I feel that Glyph of Lava is over rated and should be replaced by Glyph of Flametongue weapon and Glyph of totem of wrath to be replaced by Glyph of Elementary mastery. You can easily do the math on Lava VS Flametongue. As for elementary mastery, I feel that its better but I do not have the statistic to support it.(I might be wrong though) Do take note that this applies only to BiS geared shamans.

Anyway its nice to see that people are still playing Ele shamans.

About talents...

The dispute about where to put last few talent points turn to awesome manner. I wrote about it a lot before, so I am a bit tired after this discussion . In general, I sense that you thinking as an enhancement shaman. Only enh shamans should stack Fire Nova points. Really, I can't imagine an elemental shaman who will use Fire Nova, on a single boss, instead Lightning Bolt. Moreover, I can't imagine an ele shaman which will run for boss arround just to put Fire Totem near him, for one purpose - to use that fu-king Fire Nova. The Fire Nova AoE become useful only against 5 or more stacked targets. On 2 or 3 stacked targets the Chain Lightning is the best spell. On a single target -Lightning Bolt is preferred. I know, Magma Totem and Fire Nova was used a lot by enhancement shamans early, when that spell crit was bugged. It's not so cool to use this everywhere now. The Fire Nova spell is usable against Saurfang, Festergut, Rotface, BQL static targets only. In this VIDEO i tested Fire Nova in 10 pl mode and I think it sucks, compared with Chain Lightning.

About DBS DPS...

The DBS DPS is not pure - it's burst and AoE DPS at once. The elemental shaman will never beat hunters, mages and DK DPS there. Trully, with our 1100 haste our benefits from Bloodlust is VERY low. Hunters and mages are fully stacked with Crit points and Bloodlust should tune their hits to insane, plus a douzens of DoTs. Moreover, Hunters and DK doing increased damage against targets below 20%-30% HP. For example, just look at this Kill Shot and remember that DBS is still under 20%HP for a very long term. Also every hunter have Engineering gloves - each 45sec have 240 Haste for 12 sec plus Multi-Shot. So, hunters are in a constant INSANE BURST stance during DBS all encounter. The Training Dummy is the best target to show real DPS skills. Anyway, here is a screenshot from one of my DBS DPS meter of 19,600 DPS at 40%HP. During Bloodlust, DPS was 21,000. That mage pulled incredible 37,000 DPS there.

About Glyphs...

Thanks a lot for advice. I tested the described Glyphs individually and they shown lower performance. After your post, I set both and they shown 8.5% less DPS than Glyps described in paragraph 1.6. Elemental Talent Tree and Glyphs (PVE). The 100% Lava Crit, Engineering Gloves, Shaman T10 Elemental 2P Bonus and high Haste by default cover both Glyphs. We need more Spell Power and some additional DoT damage.

Edited: January 6, 2014
Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten