Go Back   Molten Forum Community Forums Class Forums Paladin

Bebrave April 1, 2013  
Guys, your thoughts on Retribution Paladin in 4.3.4 is it worth rolling for ? Have been looking through internet cant get a descent answer how he is stacking up in retail Pvp - Pve wise ?

Molten Member
Juggertank April 1, 2013  
Pve, I can't help you.

Pvp, they're a good support class. It'll be easier coming into it if you haven't played full-gear pvp in 4.0 yet, as it's really different. The infamous ret healing was decimated, they're more of a warrior now.

Molten Member
Ceironn April 1, 2013  
Posted by Juggertank View Post
Pve, I can't help you.

Pvp, they're a good support class. It'll be easier coming into it if you haven't played full-gear pvp in 4.0 yet, as it's really different. The infamous ret healing was decimated, they're more of a warrior now.
Jk 120k wog

Molten Member
Juggertank April 1, 2013  
Posted by Ceironn View Post
Jk 120k wog
Hey, that can only happen once every five minutes.

*chuckles*

Still, the class is too simple and has not enough control, it needs a way to compensate, and wogs are that compensation.

Warriors just don't get the compensation, they get shafted with a nerf.

Molten Member
Snafufubar April 3, 2013  
I've been wondering about this same question to on Warsong. I have a Ret Pally and started a Frost DK, but I'm not sure which one I want to spend more time on getting gear for.

Assuming same gear and skill level, who would win a Frost dk or a ret pally in pvp?

Molten Member
WarGreymon17 April 3, 2013  
The one with better skills to play his char.

Molten Member
SpaceTruth April 3, 2013  
idk with UHdk getting buffed
I'm really wanting to try out ret/dk/priest
WoG gets nerfed but the heal is strong as ever

Molten Member
Snafufubar April 4, 2013  
Posted by Snafufubar View Post
I've been wondering about this same question to on Warsong. I have a Ret Pally and started a Frost DK, but I'm not sure which one I want to spend more time on getting gear for.

Assuming same gear and skill level, who would win a Frost dk or a ret pally in pvp?
As I stated in my post ASSUMING same gear and skill - Who wins, frost dk or ret pally?

Molten Member
Juggertank April 4, 2013  
4.3.4: frost dk, in the long run. So much control and versatility, it's not really a question.

Molten Member
Sapphire April 4, 2013  
Posted by Snafufubar View Post
As I stated in my post ASSUMING same gear and skill - Who wins, frost dk or ret pally?
1 vs. 1 does not matter in most situations. I personally would not pick a class for dueling. The Ret could win if they manage their heals properly, and the Frost DK could win if they get the Ret low and time their Strangulate well.

Frost DK's have great peels, and they can pump out pressure really well, while a Ret is exceptional at support (heals and cooldowns). In all honesty, I'd say that they both do really well.

Flowz April 5, 2013  
100% Ret wins. Trinket on strangulate if you gonna die, you have a stronger heal, sacred shield, kiting, dispell snare, etc.

in arenas
Dk/Ret best combo on cataclysm. I'm rolling double ret atm for more fun(it's kinda hard on real comp like Rsham/Afflic)

So : 2s = Fdk/Ret (because Frost DK is better on molten)

3s : Vanguards fdk/ret/priest

duels : you can not die if you play really well. but there's some exception

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten