Go Back   Molten Forum Community Forums Class Forums Rogue

Najnos March 12, 2013  
Oky, im new to Combat rogue so i have some questions..

1.) I have 240 arp, should i gem something else? (i gemed full arp)
2.) What is talent bulid? hit rating is 140 and crit is 38%
3.) I have sword in MH 300-700 dmg 2.7 speed... in oh i put axe with 150-300dmg and 1.5 speed or dagger 200-400 dmg 1.5 speed?
If someone can help me with this plz respond

Molten Member
Nyarletaros March 13, 2013  
1. gem as much as you want in arp, and the rest in haste, i guess.
2. you should have a talent that increases hit rating, get it, max it, crit isn't really neccesary, but it's a bonus.
3. if you have specced into the talent that gives you energy when your off-hand strikes, get a fast off-hand, if not, get wichever you specced into (Like the 5% chance to deal a second hit when you strike with your main-hand sword, or fist weapons / daggers for the 5% critical chance)

Haven't used combat in a long time in Wrath, so don't take this to heart.

Molten Member
MaestroZero March 13, 2013  
Here's the best info I can give you about gems and combat. Armor penetration is only viable until you get the soft cap. If your arp is 240 only and you gemmed full arp already then its not good. I suggest go haste and attack power. I'd only go for arp If I can reach 40-70% I have 87% as my combat pvp now. Go for that dagger since it already shows that it has more damage than the axe you mentioned, also get that Combat Potency talent.

Molten Member
Najnos March 13, 2013  
Pff.. thank you very much.
So if combat is not for me, what talent spec is for mu current status?
Assa or Sub then?
And can i play Sub with ap socket or only arp?

Molten Member
skeletonknight March 20, 2013  
Play with a mace, cap your hit rating, expertise and haste BEFORE armor penetration (crit is really useless as well)
You don't want to miss a hit when you're playing Combat Rogue in WOTLK, trust me.
Also, always follow your cheap shot by a Slice and Dice, then go for a small expose armor (depending on the class).
Don't forget to use your Vanish right before the cheap shot ends agaisn't any priests or mage, as you'll hardly get a chance to push it twice (due to all their their dmg over time spells). It's basically a free win in arena considering they have no armor/hp at all. (I've never lost a fight agaisn't any mage/druid/priest/warlock)
As for the rest, Kidney Shot is your average combo point dump and Sinister Strike with an occasional gouge to stealth out, sap (you'll need 3 subt. point for the speed) and get your cooldown ready with a cheap shot or bandage yourself.

As for talents, don't forget Precision.

Edited: March 20, 2013
Molten Member
Garrehtt March 20, 2013  
Hey man glad to hear someone else on wotlk is interested in combat pvp!

Since it sounds like ur just starting out and you lack some of the important stats for the more efficient HnS pvp I'd suggest doing mace or cqc pvp for the time being.

http://wow335.gamestool.net/roguet.php?000000000000000000000000000325030210220 55102231220212513300232130000000000000000000

This is a general build for maces. You can switch up to HnS and cqc.

Molten Member
Ricks March 25, 2013  
Posted by MaestroZero View Post
Here's the best info I can give you about gems and combat. Armor penetration is only viable until you get the soft cap. If your arp is 240 only and you gemmed full arp already then its not good. I suggest go haste and attack power.
What this guy said.
Posted by skeletonknight View Post
Don't forget to use your Vanish right before the cheap shot ends agaisn't any priests or mage, as you'll hardly get a chance to push it twice (due to all their their dmg over time spells).
Wait, what? Uhm, no? Mages only dot is FFB, you can easily vanish shatters if you use it defensively or offensively for resaps. Even Spriests can be easily avoided as you can just play with a priest to receive shields (or a skeleton key if you are into that ****)
It's basically a free win in arena considering they have no armor/hp at all. (I've never lost a fight agaisn't any mage/druid/priest/warlock)
The only class of those you mentioned that actually has low armor is the mage and (possibly, not 100% of this one) the lock. Priest is more around the leather area, druids have insane armor in bear, boomkin and decent in tree form.

I'm not sure where this misconception comes from that certain armor types have low armor.

Molten Member
asheslayer March 28, 2013  
it isnt bad for combat rogues to have a little strength aswell.

Molten Member
IzzyData March 28, 2013  
Posted by asheslayer View Post
Str is pointless on rogues.

Banned
Ricks March 28, 2013  
Posted by IzzyData View Post
Str is pointless on rogues.
What? Strength cant be pointless, do you even lift?

Molten Member
Garrehtt March 30, 2013  
Posted by asheslayer View Post
This isn't vanilla. Things were generalized and classified accordingly. That's why you don't see str/agi/stam on pieces anymore. It's been written out.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten