Go Back   Molten Forum Input and Assistance Guides & Tutorials Technical Guides

karukakun April 18, 2013  
Dear GrAyWoLf

I have a quick question before I start patching
in the zips that do not have "Updates" folder and TheFile,
do I copy (over-write) all the files in the zip? (battle.net.dll, wow.exe, and the likes) -OR- just what is in the Data folder?

Thank you in advance

~Karu~

Molten Member
karukakun April 19, 2013  
sorry for double posting but I figured out my previous question and started patching
but now I get this error

"Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
The file "Data\base-Win.MPQ" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support."

the first time I got that I used repair and I could continue but in the next patch, no matter how many times I used repair the error continuous, I found the file in the official forums downloaded it and put it in data folder but then this error popped up

"The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x0FC0C294EC7B55F753815AA6ED58EA77, actual 0x24433A51A32335A39D2AF8CB55C467D3.)(PTCApply_BSDi ff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)"

repair tool keeps on finding No problems therefore doesn't fix anything
I searched on the net, but solutions such as "delete the battle.net folder from program data" didn't work either

I'm on win 7 64bt, and I'm the administrator on my computer

so any solutions?

Edited: April 19, 2013
Molten Member
Zakiro April 19, 2013  
To all those who are having some kind of "MD5 mismatch" error when trying to patch from 4.0.6a to 4.1.0:

I just spend many hours trying to get over this problem... What i had to do is go in "C:\Program Files\Molten-wow\Data\enGB" or what ever is the equal folder for you, find the file "backup-enGB.MPQ" and delete it (i renamed mine to backup-enGB.MPQ-bak to keep it as back up). after doing this,i ran the .exe update file and it worked perfectly.

Hope this help you guys.

Edit : Repair.exe and switching some files such as wow.exe and such was not working w/e i did.

Molten Member
karukakun April 19, 2013  
Posted by Zakiro View Post
To all those who are having some kind of "MD5 mismatch" error when trying to patch from 4.0.6a to 4.1.0:

I just spend many hours trying to get over this problem... What i had to do is go in "C:\Program Files\Molten-wow\Data\enGB" or what ever is the equal folder for you, find the file "backup-enGB.MPQ" and delete it (i renamed mine to backup-enGB.MPQ-bak to keep it as back up). after doing this,i ran the .exe update file and it worked perfectly.

Hope this help you guys.

Edit : Repair.exe and switching some files such as wow.exe and such was not working w/e i did.
I searched my whole computer, and I didn't find any file with the name backup-enGB.mpq :'(

Molten Member
Zakiro April 19, 2013  
Posted by karukakun View Post
I searched my whole computer, and I didn't find any file with the name backup-enGB.mpq :'(
I think it might have a different name depending on the language of your client, for enUS client for example, it'll be in your wow folder -> data/enUS and the file would be backup-enUS.MPQ.

Molten Member
karukakun April 19, 2013  
Posted by Zakiro View Post
I think it might have a different name depending on the language of your client, for enUS client for example, it'll be in your wow folder -> data/enUS and the file would be backup-enUS.MPQ.
I'm on enGB client though I did run a search just in case but still nothing

Molten Member
aditsha April 19, 2013  
Posted by WFBurger View Post
HI i was on 4.3.4 patch fully downloaded then i used a guide that one of molten's members posted to downgrade to 4.0.6, so tecnicly i still have all the 4.3.4 files, is there a way to just install the pathc again wihtout downloading
which files do you mean... the ones you deleted...

Molten Member
aditsha April 19, 2013  
sorry for double posting but I figured out my previous question and started patching
but now I get this error

"Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
The file "Data\base-Win.MPQ" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support."

the first time I got that I used repair and I could continue but in the next patch, no matter how many times I used repair the error continuous, I found the file in the official forums downloaded it and put it in data folder but then this error popped up

"The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x0FC0C294EC7B55F753815AA6ED58EA77, actual 0x24433A51A32335A39D2AF8CB55C467D3.)(PTCApply_BSDi ff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate:TCApply)"

repair tool keeps on finding No problems therefore doesn't fix anything
I searched on the net, but solutions such as "delete the battle.net folder from program data" didn't work either

I'm on win 7 64bt, and I'm the administrator on my computer

so any solutions?
the first error will be fixed with the 7-zip file uploaded above in the guide... and second error is because your wow.exe the patched 4.0.6a (patched using the molten launcher... uploaded by molten earlier) try replacing it with original one stored in backup folder (if you have... else find a source for it).

Molten Member
aditsha April 19, 2013  
GrAyWoLf I wold really appreciate that you add a few lines in your guide...
The updated wow.exe doesn't let you login to molten's server and hence you need to patch it.
I have created a script here included with xdelta patches which will help you guys in patching the client
http://sdrv.ms/XV9cb0 here is the link to the shared folder

Edited: April 20, 2013
Molten Member
mushashio April 19, 2013  
4.2.2 → Patch 4.3.0.15005 Fullpatch ~787Mib there is no enUS patch right ? i have enGB & is it ok to combine it ?

Im not getting this Patch for US.
Should I install the 4.3.0 for ENGB?

Molten Member
R1Yamaha April 19, 2013  
I have same problem there is no WoW-4.2.2.14545-to-4.3.0.15005 enUS patch Please can someone help upload it or something please guys

Molten Member
karukakun April 19, 2013  
Posted by a1d2t3i4t5y6a7 View Post
the first error will be fixed with the 7-zip file uploaded above in the guide... and second error is because your wow.exe the patched 4.0.6a (patched using the molten launcher... uploaded by molten earlier) try replacing it with original one stored in backup folder (if you have... else find a source for it).
I actually did everything from scratch and I managed to patch myself up to 4.3.4.
the tool-patch file in the 7-zip when I run it tells me that I do not need it because I'm already in newer version.
I then connected into PrivateVPN, and started the Wow.exe but instead of starting the game, it starts the 4.3.4 installer and then pops this little beauty

I'm scared to click on it, because last time such window popped up it started installing pandas so what do I do?
begin this optimization or do something else??

PS: I tried the wow.exe before copying the .mfil and .tfil and after copying them and the result is the same

Molten Member
thevetia April 19, 2013  
Thanks you for the guide.

I did as you ask and made it to the log in screen. But I cannot log in and I think it's due to my default log in realm is Sargeras X20. How to change it?

Molten Member
kokobe April 19, 2013  
nvm the server is down. my bad

Edited: April 19, 2013 Reason: typo
Molten Member
aditsha April 20, 2013  
I actually did everything from scratch and I managed to patch myself up to 4.3.4.
the tool-patch file in the 7-zip when I run it tells me that I do not need it because I'm already in newer version.
I then connected into PrivateVPN, and started the Wow.exe but instead of starting the game, it starts the 4.3.4 installer and then pops this little beauty

I'm scared to click on it, because last time such window popped up it started installing pandas so what do I do?
begin this optimization or do something else??

PS: I tried the wow.exe before copying the .mfil and .tfil and after copying them and the result is the same
You have accendently patched to MOP

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten