Go Back   Molten Forum Community Forums Class Forums Paladin

pokerjoker February 22, 2013  
How good are ret pallys in 4.3.4

Molten Member
Juggertank February 22, 2013  
I remember Ret's had some amazing power in 4.3.4, their judgement is buffed and their overall damage is buffed, at the expense of their blood dk-style healing.

However their hammer of wrath gets a crippling nerf,
instead of a +60% crit chance on their hammer of wrath, their talent will be +6%.

Overall, they're getting NERFED, becoming more of a warrior than a blood dk.

Molten Member
pokerjoker February 22, 2013  
K that's for the answers.

Molten Member
Vukodlak February 22, 2013  
Posted by Piped View Post
To be fair, the hammer nerf was completely alright.

Warriors don't get 100% crits on execute, or fury would kill everyone without fail once they hit 20%. And get to use it at range.

Wog's on a 20 second CD if you spec into selfless healer (which you will).
10 seconds with the talent...20 seconds untalented.

of the Alliance
Siegfreid February 24, 2013  
Ret gets in 4.3:
-undispellable divine protection
-WoG heals for more(heal crits now do X2 up from X1.5)
-censure deal 40% more damage
-Judgement deal 100% more damage when SoT is active and at 5stacks of censure up from 50% with 5stacks
-2handed Specialization grants 25% more damage up from 20%
-SoI when judged no longer grants 15% of mana base
-BoM increases AP by 20% up from 10%
-the major Glyph of SoT now works with SoR too
-If Divine Storm hits 4 targets or more ,you get 1 HoPo
-SoR now can crit and it hits all target in range if SoC is talented
-Inq last 36sec instead of 30sec with 3hopo(buff to inquiry of faith talent)
-nerf to SW talent that increase HoW crit chance from 60% to 6%
-WoG have 20sec cd
-GoAk is now better as it will be using the new pet stance
-All our healing spells cost 3% more mana
-selfess healer talent reduces wog cd by 10 sec and its damage bonus buff is undispellable
-We lost Holy Radiance cuz in 4.3 it is becoming a 3 sec cast aoe hot heal, lasts 3 sec with no cd
-Sacred Shield cd is becoming 1min up from 30sec
=>This is what i can remeber , and answering your question : Yes Ret will be buffed and will be doing great in 4.3.4 (12 buffs and 6 nerfs As I remeber) !

Edited: March 10, 2013
Molten Member
Vukodlak February 24, 2013  
Posted by Siegfreid View Post
Ret gets in 4.3:
-undispellable divine protection
-WoG heals for 10%more +(heal crits now do X2 up from X1.5)
-Judgement deal 50% more damage when SoT is active and 5stacks of censure are on the target and censure does 10% more damamge
-2handed Specialization grants 25% more damage up from 20%
-SoI when judged no longer grants 15% of mana base
-BoM increases AP by 20% up from 10%
-the major Glyph of SoT now works with SoR too
-If Divine Storm hits 4 targets or more ,you get 1 HoPo
-SoR now can crit and it hits all target in range if SoC is talented
-Inq last 36sec instead of 30sec with 3hopo(buff to inquiry of faith talent)
-nerf to SW talent that increase HoW crit chance from 60% to 6%
-WoG have 20sec cd
-GoAk is now better as it will be using the new pet stance
-All our healing spells cost 3% more mana
-selfess healer talent reduces wog cd by 10 sec and its damage bonus buff is undispellable
-We lost Holy Radiance cuz in 4.3 it is becoming a 3 sec cast aoe hot heal, lasts 3 sec with no cd
-Sacred Shield cd is becoming 1min up from 30sec
=>This is what i can remeber , and answering your question : Yes Ret will be buffed and will be doing great in 4.3.4 (12 buffs and 6 nerfs As I remeber) !
12 pretty weak buffs vs 6 insane nerfs...double the cd on SS, cd on wog, hammer crit reduced, holy radiance is useless...

of the Alliance
Yodoran February 24, 2013  
Posted by Vukodlak View Post
12 pretty weak buffs vs 6 insane nerfs...double the cd on SS, cd on wog, hammer crit reduced, holy radiance is useless...
Yet rets were great pvp-wise in 4.3.4. Vanguard's cleave anyone?

Molten Member
Siegfreid February 25, 2013  
No my friend , ret will be better in 4.3.4 , dont judge from duels and 2s pov and play 3s and you will see the difference

Edited: February 26, 2013
Molten Member
pokerjoker February 27, 2013  
Thank you all for the good answers they were very helpful

Molten Member
Sapphire February 27, 2013  
Our biggest PvP buff actually comes in the form of the t13 2pc set bonus. It is quite the massive buff.

taralej February 27, 2013  
I agree with pretty much everything Piped said. As a player, who has fought both as and against paladins, I find SS's 30sec CD too little. Basically, it procs, I heal up, I go defensive for a while, then I go offensive, then it procs again and we end up in a vicious circle, where I cannot be killed as a Ret.

The WoG nerf works further down to reduce this ridiculous survivability Rets have right now.

The HoW nerf doesn't need comments, I think. Ranged critting Execute, which does unresistable spell damage and can be used before 20%. Wow.

Think about it from a balance prespective: DKs lose Glyph of Dark Succor, BDKs (and all other tanks) lose Vengeance. There's no DPS spec/class left, which has high survivability on 4.3 and that is the whole point of it. Maybe just Afflocks, but we all know that this is just their playstyle - DoTz for HoTz. DPSers aren't supposed to be so self-sustainable as they are on 4.0. They should have tools to keep them alive under normal circumstances, but not to be able to go full turtle mode.

xept rogs lol cata rog xpac kthxbai

Molten Member
Juggertank February 27, 2013  
Damn it.... I enjoyed playing blood dk as ret.

*sit in seal of insight and use everything on wog* rofl.

Molten Member
LivingMau5 February 27, 2013  
My main's a ret and I freely agree that WoG obviously needed the tweak (I would call it a nerf but it's more like a bug fix since it was just so silly) so no argument there, but as far as HoW goes; I would've been happier if they'd have made it 6% crit for during Wings' up-time but allowed us to keep the 60% crit for enemies under 20% HP.

Not that QQing is gonna change anything now or would when this was live and it's not really game breaking after all, but it's just that (/sigh)... We were already barely catching up to kiters (if at all),and to anyone who decided they didn't wanna keep fighting (Feral Bash>Dash lolol can't catch me) but at least if they stuck around till 20% and then decided to run, it would be too late and a hammer to the face was more likely than not gonna finish em. Now it's a lot more RNG dependent which is one thing we need less of as ret IMO.

I'm just QQing though, it's not gonna change anything and it's not all that bad anyway. To turn this ramble back on topic; Rets are just fine in 4.3, no more "lol you burst? I didn't notice over the sound of my 4 consecutive WoGs lol" and no more death to ALL the weaklings from afar. But more seals dps, more overall dps (from weapon specialization), better bonus from BoM, AND if you manage your WoGs right they actually heal for more per cast.

Another post listed all the changes so I didn't mention every single one again but suffice to say, we're alright. After all. wings are still the coolest effect in the game

Edited: February 27, 2013
Molten Member
Juggertank February 27, 2013  
Posted by LivingMau5 View Post
My main's a ret and I freely agree that WoG obviously needed the tweak (I would call it a nerf but it's more like a bug fix since it was just so silly) so no argument there, but as far as HoW goes; I would've been happier if they'd have made it 6% crit for during Wings' up-time but allowed us to keep the 60% crit for enemies under 20% HP.

Not that QQing is gonna change anything now or would when this was live and it's not really game breaking after all, but it's just that (/sigh)... We were already barely catching up to kiters (if at all),and to anyone who decided they didn't wanna keep fighting (Feral Bash>Dash lolol can't catch me) but at least if they stuck around till 20% and then decided to run, it would be too late and a hammer to the face was more likely than not gonna finish em. Now it's a lot more RNG dependent which is one thing we need less of as ret IMO.

I'm just QQing though, it's not gonna change anything and it's not all that bad anyway. To turn this ramble back on topic; Rets are just fine in 4.3, no more "lol you burst? I didn't notice over the sound of my 4 consecutive WoGs lol" and no more death to ALL the weaklings from afar. But more seals dps, more overall dps (from weapon specialization), better bonus from BoM, AND if you manage your WoGs right they actually heal for more per cast.

Another post listed all the changes so I didn't mention every single one again but suffice to say, we're alright. After all. wings are still the coolest effect in the game
4 consecutive? Lol... I've gone 20 in a row on my holy, I think I was bugged though, was carrying 4 guys using no mana ;p

Molten Member
MontezumaDK February 27, 2013  
Posted by LivingMau5 View Post
After all. wings are still the coolest effect in the game
yeah, mages love it.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten