Go Back   Molten Forum Input and Assistance Guides & Tutorials Technical Guides

orion310591 April 26, 2012  
##########################
Please open this bug tracker link and click on VOTE, so we get fixed Subdued Seahorse Speed Buff.
Thanks for support.

##########################
How To Increase FPS In 6 Steps
Guide released: 26.4.2012.
Guide last updated: /

Molten-WoW/Greymane/Dementorion

NOTE:
This tutorial is for players with low performance computers and its just like first aid, if u want huge improvments... money for new hardware is required.

1st of all, here you can see how good can your computer run WoW

Search on google for "systemreq" and click on 1st result.

Choose right version, cata or wotlk and test it.

Minimum:

Recommended:

If u barely fulfill Minimum, lower all your graphic sliders and go to Video settings in WoW and check for tips on some settigs, showing "Disabling this may greatly improve" and disable it, then proceed to steps #1 - #6.
I think that one of things you should disable is Vsync.

Follow next steps to get rid of Lag and freezing screens

Step #1

Windows performance can effect WoW if u have older computer. Make sure that you run 1st two or 2nd two applications.
I'm using them all.
This will make your Operating system live longer.

Search on google for "glary".
From there use Utilities and Disk SpeedUp applications.

Download, Install and Repair ur Registry and defragment your hard discs.
Dont worry, it wont screw up ur registry, if ur comp/windows is older than a year, and u never run this kind of registry repair/defraging tool, u will notice difference in speed using windows.

Step #2

Search on google "GameGain", Download, Run, Configure, and Apply

Step #3

Search on google "GameBoost", Download, Run, Configure, and Apply

Step #4

Search on google "directx-9.0c-redistributable" Download and Install:

Step #5
This can help slightly.

Macro for worst graphic
Should be permanent but just in case, make macro and keep it. This macro will actually do something that u cant do in Video Settings, decrease settings/quality more that it supposed to do with slider, also it can be increased insanely.
This is not permanent for me, and it slightly increases FPS. To reverse effect of this macro, just go to Video options, and move any slider left-right and Apply.

/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1

Step #6
This step is for illustration purposes only, you will need to find appropriate program and try to do it as I have described.
I have copied this step from my old tutorial. The thing is, you need some program that will monitor your RAM memory and free it if it is needed to make WoW running smooth as much as possible. You can try software from Step #1, there is a module which is taking care of RAM optimization.

After doing this I got around +15FPS more.

MemTurbo v4.1

Download, Install and Configure following program as shown on pic, if u have 512 MB RAM.

Set up MemTurbo4 as shown on pic, but while WoW is active and with stabilized RAM usage. U can move sliders up or down, to adjust upper and lower "space" between normal yellow line, lower red line and upper yellow/green line (------)

For better performance of ur comp or/and WoW I recommand that u increase ur VRAM to the MAX, 4096MB on ONE partition of ur Hard Disc, dont do it on (example) 2 partitions by 2GB's. VRAM = Virtual RAM, actually part of your hard disc is acting like RAM memory.
Do to this go to (For Windows XP) Right click on My Computer > Propertis> Advanced > Settings (Under Performance) > Advanced > Change > Choose C drive, choose custom size and type Initial Size : 3900 MB's, and Maximum Size: 4000 MB's, u can type max 4096, but not necessarily, Set > Ok > Apply > Restart Comp.
This will take 4 GB's of ur free space on C partition.

As shown on photo, I had 512 MB RAM memory, but using VRAM, I had 42 processes active using 908MB.

One more advice, dont have too much processes active as it have impact on processor wich need to be free for WoW.
You can turn on Task manager Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill some applications you dont need. If u dont want to do it again and again, uninstall some app.

Restart computer and check your fps.
Please say thanks if my guide helped you, to keep this thread alive. Thanks.

Edited: 3 Hours Ago
Molten Member
graodon April 27, 2012  
dude tht macro think u posted increased my home ms to 1k

Edited: April 27, 2012
Molten Member
orion310591 April 27, 2012  
Posted by graodon View Post
dude tht macro think u posted increased my home ms to 1k
That macro is also mentioned in some other thread (not 100% the same I think).
Anyway, you can google about it, and see what it does.

Just move some slider left-right and apply and settings will be gone.

PS. I can see your signature, you are downloading game while playing? hmmm... (???)

Molten Member
graodon April 28, 2012  
yeah possible.. u see tht download info without torrent on the forum? i used tht method b4 it was evn posted.. don't believe me if u dun but i did tht

Molten Member
orion310591 May 1, 2012  
Posted by Ewerlast28 View Post
I think it is impossible
It could be impossible if you have very bad/old comp or you dont do something as it is mentioned in guide.

Molten Member
Caylara May 1, 2012  
Can you add links to the download instead of using google? Depending of the location, the google results may be different. I'll just google the programs you listed above, and try. I'll return you with the result once I'm done.

EDIT: Confirmed, this actually works. I've not only use these steps or programs, but I also did some optimizations and the old good ASC. My FPS jumped from 30 at Booty Bay to 60 all the time, at the same place.

Edited: May 2, 2012
Of the Alliance
orion310591 May 2, 2012  
Posted by Caylara View Post
Can you add links to the download instead of using google? Depending of the location, the google results may be different. I'll just google the programs you listed above, and try. I'll return you with the result once I'm done.
No. I cannot provide you direct link to download since it is not allowed by forum rules.
All I can do, is to use "let me google that for you" links...

Molten Member
Ssj2Sfgjsdd May 2, 2012  
Im wonder why my fps drop so dramaticaly when i play wow....from 35+ to 1-5...this happpen more in WOTLK expansion in cata just a bit..

Banned
HarisPITA May 2, 2012  
improvement* tryin guide nao D

Molten Member
orion310591 May 2, 2012  
Posted by orbit001 View Post
Im wonder why my fps drop so dramaticaly when i play wow....from 35+ to 1-5...this happpen more in WOTLK expansion in cata just a bit..
I think that wotlk and cata have different graphic engines.
Lower FPS means more objects/polygons/characters to draw/process in second and thats reason why video card produce less frames per second.

But FPS number isnt just about graphic, its about processor too. Then RAM comes as next factor, which can be eliminated if you dont have much processes running in background.

1st video card I had, was mx440, in SW i had 0.1 fps, 20 in raid and 30 in open world,
2nd was AH3450/DI/512MD2 (on same computer as previous) and there were really obvious improvements, I could see further with little increased fps, 5-10fps in SW, but I still could get under 5fps
3rd is HD5670 1GB video card with now 1year old comp and average fps 200 in wow with all maxed graphic, and I am able to see any, whole zone while flying in center of it...

Molten Member
anonimas12 May 2, 2012  
or get gamebooster

Molten Member
Rockeep May 5, 2012  
I have a question. My wow runs at 15 fps when i am in org at minimum settings (cata) so it's playable but when i got into a 25man raid it became impossible to play. I mean my fps was at 1 i was unable to moove or cast spells because of how slow my pc was. Will this help me with my problem?
edit: i downloaded the things and guess what... no difference i started with 15 fps in org and when i updated and "boosted" everything i got to ... wait for it....15fps

Edited: May 5, 2012
Molten Member
SmileyCyrus May 5, 2012  
Hi My question is Where to get MemTurbo v4.1? plz help me with it fast ty

Molten Member
orion310591 May 5, 2012  
Posted by Rockeep View Post
I have a question. My wow runs at 15 fps when i am in org at minimum settings (cata) so it's playable but when i got into a 25man raid it became impossible to play. I mean my fps was at 1 i was unable to moove or cast spells because of how slow my pc was. Will this help me with my problem?
edit: i downloaded the things and guess what... no difference i started with 15 fps in org and when i updated and "boosted" everything i got to ... wait for it....15fps
So you are telling us that this guide helped you? Just when raiding?Well, better anything than nothing.

Posted by SaXOnaWhim View Post
Hi My question is Where to get MemTurbo v4.1? plz help me with it fast ty
Google it. But you dont need to use the same app.

Molten Member
Rockeep May 5, 2012  
Posted by orion310591 View Post
So you are telling us that this guide helped you? Just when raiding?Well, better anything than nothing.

Sadly, no i didn't have the chance to check it in raids yet. Let's hope something happens in raids at least.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten