Go Back   Molten Forum Input and Assistance Guides & Tutorials Technical Guides

Intima February 3, 2012  
NOTE: This guide will only fix a few problems with crashes on the character creation/selection screen. This is not a fix all for all crashes. If this method does not fix you issue please continue to seach the forums as there are guides on how to fix some of these other errors. Thank you.

If any of you have experienced the following issues or similar ones, this is a working solution for the time being.

Examples:
This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
Program: D:\World Of Warcraft2\retail\Wow.exe

Failed to read file World\Generic\Tauren\Passive Doodads\KodoSkulls\KotoBeastSkull02.blp.

Failed to read file world\azeroth\burningsteppes\passivedoodads\warloc kshrine\warlockshrine.m2.

Failed to read file world\generic\orc\passive doodads\hangingbones\orchangingbones02.m2.

To fix this issue you want to be logged out of game with your clients closed, then go to World of Warcraft\Data and delete the following two files:alternate.MPQ and alternate.MPQ.lock

Restart your clients and you are good to go!

UPDATE: If this solution does not fix the problem some players are reporting success with running the wow.exe in Windows 7 compatability mode. In order to do this you will need to right click the Wow.exe > Select Properties > Make sure to check the box to run it in compatability mode and select Windows 7 from the drop down list.
Thanks mappe14

If your error is not related to the examples I gave here please do not spam this thread with them. Instead please continue your search for your specific problem or download the client from Molten's torrent to ensure it will work correctly.

Edited: February 18, 2012
Molten Member
Slashofgondor February 3, 2012  
Great guide! Thanks!

Molten Member
stephenbagel February 4, 2012  
Alright so when I double click 'Patcher.exe' this is the Wow Error that comes up

"This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #121 (0x85100079) Version Mismatch
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

DBFilesClient\AnimationData.dbc has wrong row size (found 24, expected 32)

Press OK to terminate application."

I'd really like some help with this. I closed out of the updater thing when it said optimizing launcher or whatever. I deleted those 2 files and it still didn't work :/ gettin' frustrated.

Molten Member
omegasuprem February 4, 2012  
[QUOTE=stephenbagel;1118423]Alright so when I double click 'Patcher.exe' this is the Wow Error that comes up

I got the same problem too, when i enter in wow with wow.exe i can't attack or see any npcs or mobs .. and the launcher doesn't works at me please HELP!

Molten Member
streicher February 4, 2012  
Thank you! I am gonna try it now.

Molten Member
Intima February 4, 2012  
EDIT: Removed

Edited: February 4, 2012
Molten Member
Intima February 4, 2012  
EDIT: Removed

Edited: February 4, 2012
Molten Member
Alibaster February 4, 2012  
BUMP

UPDATE: I've been able to fix the cant not read file errors, we was having one could not read world/expansion3/pigmy/bla bla, all i did was deleted the expansion 3 file, i cleared the cache, deleted the alternates, and just ran the wow exe, didn't even use greymain launcher

Molten Member
Intima February 4, 2012  
Posted by stephenbagel View Post
Alright so when I double click 'Patcher.exe' this is the Wow Error that comes up

I'd really like some help with this. I closed out of the updater thing when it said optimizing launcher or whatever. I deleted those 2 files and it still didn't work :/ gettin' frustrated.
I would try to run the updater one more time, close it, then run repair.exe in the wow directory. Then run the Molten patcher again, log into the game. Make sure you use wow.exe and DO NOT touch the launcher from blizzard.

Molten Member
Soulinfinity February 5, 2012  
can you reupload those file that we need to download on the torrent on a filehost (mediafire) ?

Molten Member
Intima February 5, 2012  
Posted by moonrains View Post
can you reupload those file that we need to download on the torrent on a filehost (mediafire) ?
There are no files needed for the fix this guide describes, please re-read it. If there was I would not upload them somewhere else. They will only come from Molten since it is a trusted source.

Molten Member
Upil February 5, 2012  
ok fix for this problem thx

Molten Member
jolnestrink February 5, 2012  
I have a trouble... I have already delete them to fix somethign else before and i dont have themm... what can i do?

Molten Member
stephenbagel February 5, 2012  
Alright I figured out my problem, kind of a turd moment. I was following instructions too strictly, optimization happens before you even download Cataclysm data, so there's where I was going wrong.

Molten Member
whiteknight100 February 5, 2012  
What if we get an error 134 and have downloaded the entire torrent posted by molten, which does not even have the alternate files mentioned?

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten