Go Back   Molten Forum Community Forums Off-Topic

Sapphire September 18, 2013  
Posted by Fanykins View Post
There weren't any gold sinks in D2 as far as I remember, but there are in D3. Highest level gem costs 20 million gold alone, but maybe they might lower that if they plan to make gold useless. But I can see it working out if they eliminate gold sinks and make gold easily obtainable by increasing the money we get for vendoring items significantly. Kind of makes professions pointless and not much of an achievement at all if gold is useless though.

It feels like eliminating gold as a currency leads to so many different problems. But if Blizzard decides to take this path, I have no doubt they'll think of something amazing.
I don't understand how gold being worthless will hurt crafting. The mats have always been the most important part of it from what I've seen.

Posted by rimefang View Post
actually, almost everyone (including me) hated that damn auction house. personally i think that was the biggest problem since the game was.... fine. but the expansion looks promising(if there is something blizzard learned to do this year was trailers and cinematics, i still have goosebumps when i see the ToT trailer)
I don't hate it. I never used it. I'm completely indifferent to it. However, the effects of its removal will be nothing but a boon to me, so therefore, I am all for the changes.

Fanykins September 18, 2013  
Posted by Grace View Post
I don't understand how gold being worthless will hurt crafting. The mats have always been the most important part of it from what I've seen.
If gold becomes worthless, there won't be any gold running around since it's not being traded as the main form of currency like it is right now. The only forms of getting gold after the gold AH dies will be vendoring items and gold drops, which isn't nearly enough to get 20 million gold to craft a Marquise Gem, unless I'm overlooking something...

Molten Member
Sapphire September 18, 2013  
Posted by Fanykins View Post
If gold becomes worthless, there won't be any gold running around since it's not being traded as the main form of currency like it is right now. The only forms of getting gold after the gold AH dies will be vendoring items and gold drops, which isn't nearly enough to get 20 million gold to craft a Marquise Gem, unless I'm overlooking something...
The gold I have *on me at the moment*, 9mil. I have an achievement for having collected 100mil. I've not even come close to having the mats to craft one of those gems. Besides, you said, and I quote, "But I can see it working out if they eliminate gold sinks[...]". Those who take the time to farm mats for these gems will likely already have the gold in which to craft them. This isn't even to take into the consideration the proposed change you mentioned in your post, which would make gold overabundant and... even more useless. So yes, I guess you're overlooking something.

Sycrilla September 18, 2013  
You'll still be able to trade gold for items, as far as I know, you'll just have to work out the trades on an outside source from the AH.

Banned
Fanykins September 19, 2013  
Posted by Grace View Post
The gold I have *on me at the moment*, 9mil. I have an achievement for having collected 100mil. I've not even come close to having the mats to craft one of those gems. Besides, you said, and I quote, "But I can see it working out if they eliminate gold sinks[...]". Those who take the time to farm mats for these gems will likely already have the gold in which to craft them. This isn't even to take into the consideration the proposed change you mentioned in your post, which would make gold overabundant and... even more useless. So yes, I guess you're overlooking something.
Hmm yea I guess I was overlooking how much gold you actually get per 'run'. Just realized you can actually get quite a bit of gold from gold drops alone. I was just pointing out that it would make professions not a big deal as it is currently, ruining it in that sense.

Molten Member
Sapphire September 19, 2013  
I dunno. Professions was never a deal for me. I'm far more interested in getting some cool drops.

Tanksaucex September 26, 2013  
This is a right step for Blizzard... cuz kids roll with moms debit card and buy Mempo of Twilight with 6% crit for 40 bucks and full legacy natalya( of you're a demon hunter) for the same amount and they have end gear...

Now we'll grind /trade more often, I totally support Blizzard !

Banned
misterxul September 29, 2013  
A great and harsh step done by Blizzard, and that was necessary. I am anxious to start playing it again when the patch comes out :3 Finally a great game that will utilize crafting and farming, as well as trading items maximally. The only thing they need to implement now is a good anti-bot system

Molten Member
Link September 29, 2013  
Posted by Shiina View Post
You'll still be able to trade gold for items, as far as I know, you'll just have to work out the trades on an outside source from the AH.
Then why didn't people trade gold in diablo 2? It was worthless, people are now going to resort to d2JSP or trading other valuable items which can be worth something.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten