Go Back   Molten Forum Input and Assistance Guides & Tutorials Technical Guides

Shyo May 19, 2012  
or get video settings to low and have just 3-4 on "high" inc 60 fps.

Molten Member
orion310591 May 30, 2012  
Posted by silicondream View Post
It works! Not that I needed it but yes I was curious.Thanks for the work man.
Thank you for positive feedback.

Molten Member
emekathecat June 3, 2012  
After months on playing on my crappy laptop with 5 fps.. i must really say thanks to u.. now i get at least 51 fps and in AV at least 20 fps.. really thank u very much :p

Molten Member
HammerdonTheOne June 18, 2012  
Good guide, personally im using very nice, and professionnal software named "TuneUp Utilities 2012" which is great. It can greatly increase speed of Your PC/Laptop, game FPS, clean ur discs, registry etc. IMO best software to boost up PC speed. I tried many programs, and this 1 beats all. Also im using MemTurbo 4, same soft as in guide, which is also helpful for pimpin ur machine.
I dont have monster PC, just regular (I think) CPU: Intel CentrinoDuo 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 (with lates drivers ofc). Running on Windows XP Pro SP3. Im proud, because games/programs/websites are running smoothly. In WoW i have 20-30 FPS which is good for me, but in SW where are many ppl, my FPS can drop out to 10. But i think its normal though.

Peace, Hammerdon

Molten Member
quezle June 18, 2012  
[QUOTE=
I dont have monster PC, just regular (I think) CPU: Intel CentrinoDuo 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 (with lates drivers ofc). Running on Windows XP Pro SP3. Im proud, because games/programs/websites are running smoothly. In WoW i have 20-30 FPS which is good for me, but in SW where are many ppl, my FPS can drop out to 10. But i think its normal though.[/QUOTE]

Wow I think it's time you got a pc upgrade, A lot of those parts are very, very outdated and if your thinking of upgrading to cata, it might be quite an annoyance

Molten Member
Ganzor August 17, 2012  
A very good tweak with wow is to force vertex and pixel shaders to 1.1
This works especially well with nvidia graphics cards. You can download Rivatuner and force 1.1 to both pixel and vertex shaders. I have personally tested this and it definitely gives a big boost especially when raiding and bgs.
I believe the ATI tools also allows you to do this but i think it was a custom driver.

Also, the memory tweak is defintely good as more memory defintely helps in wow. My recommendation is to just install another OS on a separate partition and disable as much programs as you can. Don't update it and don't install antivirus and just double click and run wow from your main partition. By the way, the antivirus is the most resource intensive program in a windows system.

Edited: August 17, 2012
Molten Member
Thunderblaze September 21, 2012  
These programms that boost the preformace screw up my pc and create errors.
I refer generally not particurarlly about these programs.

Molten Member
Shadpwness November 17, 2012  
The macro actually makes it worse, I didn't know what the default of those were and had to reinstall WoW after I've used it to make it right, it literally screwed my game up, even lowered my fps.

Molten Member
orion310591 November 17, 2012  
Posted by Shadownesss View Post
The macro actually makes it worse, I didn't know what the default of those were and had to reinstall WoW after I've used it to make it right, it literally screwed my game up, even lowered my fps.
You could google console commands...

Spoiler:  

Code:
/say detail: low
/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1
this will set all details on WoW to Medium
Code:
/say detail: medium
/console groundEffectDensity 136
/console groundEffectDist 70
/console horizonfarclip 3765
/console farclip 477
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 2

Code:
/say detail: high
/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterambient 0
this will set the camera distance to the maximum

Molten Member
markoj85 December 29, 2012  
I have a BIG problem:
My Wow laggs when I'm im doing dungeons. I think i have ~10fps. And once i was in 40 man raid and it was impossible to play with so big lagg.

My PC:
AMD fx4100 3.6/3.8 gHz quad core
4GB DDR3 RAM
MSI GTX 560ti HAWK
500GB 7200rpm HARD DRIVE
600W PSU

I think my PC is good enough because i play other games like Battlefield 3 on ultra settings without lagg.
Can someone please help me to fix lagg?

Molten Member
GravityDefined December 29, 2012  
Posted by orion310591 View Post
How To Increase FPS In 6 Steps
Guide released: 26.4.2012.
Guide last updated: /

Molten-WoW/Greymane/Dementorion

NOTE:
This tutorial is for players with low performance computers and its just like first aid, if u want huge improvments... money for new hardware is required.

1st of all, here you can see how good can your computer run WoW

Search on google for "systemreq" and click on 1st result.

Choose right version, cata or wotlk and test it.

Minimum:

Recommended:

If u barely fulfill Minimum, lower all your graphic sliders and go to Video settings in WoW and check for tips on some settigs, showing "Disabling this may greatly improve" and disable it, then proceed to steps #1 - #6.
I think that one of things you should disable is Vsync.

Follow next steps to get rid of Lag and freezing screens

Step #1

Windows performance can effect WoW if u have older computer. Make sure that you run 1st two or 2nd two applications.
I'm using them all.
This will make your Operating system live longer.

Search on google for "glary".
From there use Utilities and Disk SpeedUp applications.

Download, Install and Repair ur Registry and defragment your hard discs.
Dont worry, it wont screw up ur registry, if ur comp/windows is older than a year, and u never run this kind of registry repair/defraging tool, u will notice difference in speed using windows.

Step #2

Search on google "GameGain", Download, Run, Configure, and Apply

Step #3

Search on google "GameBoost", Download, Run, Configure, and Apply

Step #4

Search on google "directx-9.0c-redistributable" Download and Install:

Step #5
This can help slightly.

Macro for worst graphic
Should be permanent but just in case, make macro and keep it. This macro will actually do something that u cant do in Video Settings, decrease settings/quality more that it supposed to do with slider, also it can be increased insanely.
This is not permanent for me, and it slightly increases FPS. To reverse effect of this macro, just go to Video options, and move any slider left-right and Apply.

/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1

Step #6
This step is for illustration purposes only, you will need to find appropriate program and try to do it as I have described.
I have copied this step from my old tutorial. The thing is, you need some program that will monitor your RAM memory and free it if it is needed to make WoW running smooth as much as possible. You can try software from Step #1, there is a module which is taking care of RAM optimization.

After doing this I got around +15FPS more.

MemTurbo v4.1

Download, Install and Configure following program as shown on pic, if u have 512 MB RAM.

Set up MemTurbo4 as shown on pic, but while WoW is active and with stabilized RAM usage. U can move sliders up or down, to adjust upper and lower "space" between normal yellow line, lower red line and upper yellow/green line (------)

For better performance of ur comp or/and WoW I recommand that u increase ur VRAM to the MAX, 4096MB on ONE partition of ur Hard Disc, dont do it on (example) 2 partitions by 2GB's. VRAM = Virtual RAM, actually part of your hard disc is acting like RAM memory.
Do to this go to (For Windows XP) Right click on My Computer > Propertis> Advanced > Settings (Under Performance) > Advanced > Change > Choose C drive, choose custom size and type Initial Size : 3900 MB's, and Maximum Size: 4000 MB's, u can type max 4096, but not necessarily, Set > Ok > Apply > Restart Comp.
This will take 4 GB's of ur free space on C partition.

As shown on photo, I had 512 MB RAM memory, but using VRAM, I had 42 processes active using 908MB.

One more advice, dont have too much processes active as it have impact on processor wich need to be free for WoW.
You can turn on Task manager Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill some applications you dont need. If u dont want to do it again and again, uninstall some app.

Restart computer and check your fps.
Please say thanks if my guide helped you, to keep this thread alive. Thanks.

THANK YOU,I QUOTE THIS

Download, Install and Configure following program as shown on pic, if u have 512 MB RAM. (what if I dont have 512 RAM,what if I have 1gb????

Molten Member
Diagnostic December 29, 2012  
Wana know ho to incrise it in 1 step???
Get an better graphic card ...

Molten Member
orion310591 December 29, 2012  
Posted by markoj85 View Post
I have a BIG problem:
My Wow laggs when I'm im doing dungeons. I think i have ~10fps. And once i was in 40 man raid and it was impossible to play with so big lagg.

My PC:
AMD fx4100 3.6/3.8 gHz quad core
4GB DDR3 RAM
MSI GTX 560ti HAWK
500GB 7200rpm HARD DRIVE
600W PSU

I think my PC is good enough because i play other games like Battlefield 3 on ultra settings without lagg.
Can someone please help me to fix lagg?
Something is wrong with computer or wow when u play wow on 10fps on that comp... 1st try chaning graphic settings to high or ultra and apply.

Posted by GravityDefined View Post
THANK YOU,I QUOTE THIS

Download, Install and Configure following program as shown on pic, if u have 512 MB RAM. (what if I dont have 512 RAM,what if I have 1gb????
x2 everything on photo

Posted by s0m1 View Post
nice, so u gonna buy graphic cards for us?

Molten Member
Henryllex January 3, 2013  
Just for the record, i have this specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.0GHZ
GT440 1GB DDR3
8GB RAM
650W PSU

And i can play on ultra with no lag at populated cities 120 fps, and raids, 90 fps, and everything else 160fps-
Anyone that can run Battlefield 3 on low can play WoW at Ultra.

Molten Member
Shadpwness January 3, 2013  
Posted by s0m1 View Post
ur ingles veri gud
ruski
---------------------------------
Best wat to increasde FPS is by disabling useless addon, and only using 'vital' ones.
Also, defragment.

Molten Member

Tools

Designed by Molten